The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol, meeting new students before freshers?

Are there any facebook groups or forums for meeting people who will be going to the University of Bristol? Like before fresher's week?
After we got our results my friend (who is going to Southampton) said she had been chatting with some people specifically of a group for new students.
Does anyone know if there's something similar for Bristol?
Reply 1
I am also very interested in this ... I don't I want to be a loner as soon as I get to uni...
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Gabi_X
Are there any facebook groups or forums for meeting people who will be going to the University of Bristol? Like before fresher's week?
After we got our results my friend (who is going to Southampton) said she had been chatting with some people specifically of a group for new students.

I was wondering the same thing, I can't seem to find any pages on TSR?
If your keen to start talking to (or Facebook stalking) people you'll be living with just search around facebook. ie ''Wills Hall 2016-17''.

Club promoters like to run pages for each hall so that they can sell you tickets to events. Don't buy the tickets, but by all means join up and start chatting with people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
If your keen to start talking to (or Facebook stalking) people you'll be living with just search around facebook. ie ''Wills Hall 2016-17''.

Club promoters like to run pages for each hall so that they can sell you tickets to events. Don't buy the tickets, but by all means join up and start chatting with people.

Is it worth it to buy tickets to anything during fresher's week?
Original post by Wunderbarr
Is it worth it to buy tickets to anything during fresher's week?

Your profile picture has the answer. (JCR/Union tickets are ok to buy though, just wait till you arrive before buying anything)
Original post by Gabi_X

Hiya, theres a few pages on fb for UoB 2016. Um, here are a couple: https://m.facebook.com/groups/913959845349267 (university of bristol freshers 2016 - 2017) https://m.facebook.com/groups/471844929675218?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_follow (university of bristol freshers 2016 - 17) Also theres two v popular events people are buying tickets for atm by the looks of it which are the 'Bar Crawl' & 'the icebreaker' events. Hope this helps & perhaps see you at freshers. What subject have you applied for? x

Quick Reply

Latest