Turn on thread page Beta

Price drop dot tv watch

ReputationRep:
    has anyone ever bid (by 'phone) on price-drop.tv and been called back? Or is it one big con?

Interested to hear peeps stories

ReputationRep:
    IT'S AWFULLLLL. I mean I usually love camp men but the presenters of this channel are just beyond belief. Especially the guy that keeps dancing.
    Erm, not that I willingly watch it...it's just my brother loves it...he is weird. *giggles* there was a bidder called 'sexbumface' once though, that kept me amused for many seconds.
    Seriously though who would bid on that, except for bored gullible housewives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    IT'S AWFULLLLL. I mean I usually love camp men but the presenters of this channel are just beyond belief. Especially the guy that keeps dancing.
    Erm, not that I willingly watch it...it's just my brother loves it...he is weird. *giggles* there was a bidder called 'sexbumface' once though, that kept me amused for many seconds.
    Seriously though who would bid on that, except for bored gullible housewives?
    But it's good post night out fodder, although not as good as the mighty bid up!

Anyway, what I wondered was whether people had actually ordered owt?

ReputationRep:
    bidup.tv > pricedrop
    ___

I've not bought anything from them; I don't have enough in my account to debit, but my uncle buys from those two a lot. I guess it must be OK if he still buys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    bidup.tv > pricedrop
    I know! Owned by Sit up ltd.
    ___
    I've not bought anything from them; I don't have enough in my account to debit, but my uncle buys from those two a lot. I guess it must be OK if he still buys.
    My watch strap broke last week and will cost £40 to fix, so I bid on a watch a few hours ago. however... no return call. I just wondered if this was common practice for lots that didn't make what they intended.

ReputationRep:
    People actually watch these channels! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Only after a bottle of cava And a week and a half of trying to decide whether it's worth another repair job on my watch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    My watch strap broke last week and will cost £40 to fix, so I bid on a watch a few hours ago. however... no return call. I just wondered if this was common practice for lots that didn't make what they intended.

I'd say it was probably just one that slipped through the net. I'd only worry if they take your money without sending the watch.

I doubt they let the auctions make too much of a loss anyway, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)

Blatantly... how can you not? Watching some ex regional TV presenter enthuse about towels for fifteen minutes. Fantastic.

And bid up has Orange Man. I think he's on now, the crazy loon.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it was probably just one that slipped through the net. I'd only worry if they take your money without sending the watch.

I doubt they let the auctions make too much of a loss anyway, personally.
    Sob! but for once the watch was subtle and not the usual bid up/price drop bling chunky shite!

I quite liked it.

ReputationRep:
    Blatantly... how can you not? Watching some ex regional TV presenter enthuse about towels for fifteen minutes. Fantastic.

And bid up has Orange Man. I think he's on now, the crazy loon.
    Peter Simon! I remember when he was a blue peter guy!

The Alan Partridge man is better - Andy?

ReputationRep:
    Sob! but for once the watch was subtle and not the usual bid up/price drop bling chunky shite!

I quite liked it.

...You could always go for the Joan Rivers hour on QVC. If she's doing watches I'm sure that they'd be just as subtle.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    ...You could always go for the Joan Rivers hour on QVC. If she's doing watches I'm sure that they'd be just as subtle.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: QVC:eek: Hell no! now that is tacky

ReputationRep:
    pricedrop.tv is an excellent tv channel - watch it all the time (very educational )

ReputationRep:
    I love that channel! The best thing to watch when you're feeling down and nothing better is on

ReputationRep:
    The Alan Partridge man is better - Andy?
    Ah, he's good, but Orange Man just has the edge.

He glows. Quite literally.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: QVC:eek: Hell no! now that is tacky
    Ooops, didn't know that'd enrage you as it did. Sorry.

Heh, are there people who actually think that Diamonique (TM) is classy?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, he's good, but Orange Man just has the edge.

He glows. Quite literally.
    No chance! But I guess you quite a bit younger than me and don't have vivid images of Peter Simon presenting Blue Peter - shudder!

Plus Andy has been the 'anchor man' ( ) since bid up went live, They used to have a few funny page on their website where by he denyed being the love child of Alan Partridge, and Steve coogan denied having farthered him!

Back of the net! Premier Leagure!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, are there people who actually think that Diamonique (TM) is classy?
    Shudder! I only wear real diamonds

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.