Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I work for branch of a big chain of clothing shop. I noticed I had been underpaid by about £30 and so after weeks of chasing my manager about it, she finally sat down with me and went over my shifts. At the end of a lot of calculations she told me I had been underpaid by £250. I didn't understand why it was so much but she seemed very confident so I just accepted it was right. Later that night I worked it out myself and basically she has managed to include an entire month's pay in that figure. So I'm going to be repaid my month's salary plus the actual £30 I'm really owed. Should I say something about this? Or just stay quiet?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsLaurenator)
    I work for branch of a big chain of clothing shop. I noticed I had been underpaid by about £30 and so after weeks of chasing my manager about it, she finally sat down with me and went over my shifts. At the end of a lot of calculations she told me I had been underpaid by £250. I didn't understand why it was so much but she seemed very confident so I just accepted it was right. Later that night I worked it out myself and basically she has managed to include an entire month's pay in that figure. So I'm going to be repaid my month's salary plus the actual £30 I'm really owed. Should I say something about this? Or just stay quiet?*
    Id stay quiet

ReputationRep:
    just take it :lol:

maybe hold onto it for a while though so you can pay it back if they realise :3

ReputationRep:
    Say something because if they realize its not gonna look good for you

ReputationRep:
    stay quiet, very, very, very quiet, shhhhhhhh.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by MsLaurenator)

You dont appear to have been paid the money yet, so wait.

If they do overpay you then id just not spend that money. Ots up to you whether you tell them, but if they really have it wrong, then its not your money and they cna reclaim it whenever they wish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.