Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am unsure which subject to drop for a levels.

Can someone please give me some advice?

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I would just resit the maths modules next year, I don't know about your exam board but C1 and C2 would look so easy next year, most lot people get 90%+ when they resit, meaning you can do worse in the harder modules and still scrape an A.
    Also lots of unis aren't looking at AS results, or many just want a B in the subject you dropped so you should be fine to apply this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aminaarif)
    If I were you I would just resit the maths modules next year, I don't know about your exam board but C1 and C2 would look so easy next year, most lot people get 90%+ when they resit, meaning you can do worse in the harder modules and still scrape an A.
    Also lots of unis aren't looking at AS results, or many just want a B in the subject you dropped so you should be fine to apply this year.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Feel like maths would be easier with Bio and Chem because for History you'd have to remember 2 years' worth of content along with all of the stuff for your other subjects. Resitting the AS modules shouldn't be too bad because I imagine that you'd probably find them a lot easier after doing C3, C4 etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aminaarif)
    Thank you for your reply!

I'm doing OCR maths and AQA bio chem and history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Feel like maths would be easier with Bio and Chem because for History you'd have to remember 2 years' worth of content along with all of the stuff for your other subjects. Resitting the AS modules shouldn't be too bad because I imagine that you'd probably find them a lot easier after doing C3, C4 etc
    Thank you for your reply!

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest maths if you think you might be struggling for another year. Also, you already have done one year of work whereas with history you will have to do it all at once :P
    I wouldn't consider re-sitting it, I would focus more on what's coming next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSailorMoonQueen)
    I would suggest maths if you think you might be struggling for another year. Also, you already have done one year of work whereas with history you will have to do it all at once :P
    I wouldn't consider re-sitting it, I would focus more on what's coming next.

thank you for replying!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.