ReputationRep:
    i haven't read either, i hear life of pi is meant to be really good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    Catch-22 or...
    Life of Pi.

And thats Pi as in a name not a number

Are they worth reading?
    try posting on the entertainment thread, you may get more of a response. Or if you wait long enough, a mod will THINK! your post

ReputationRep:
    Catch-22 is one of my friends' fave ever books, so she would definitely recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, everyone said Life of Pi was good, but I just got annoyed with that stupid Pi kid when he wrote on the board. Stopped reading after that *nees more patience*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    try posting on the entertainment thread, you may get more of a response. Or if you wait long enough, a mod will THINK! your post
    Yeah, because they're cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    oh yeah i forgot about that entertainment board. I have the crappiest memory in the world...forgive me

ReputationRep:
    I've read Catch-22.

ReputationRep:
    I've read most of Catch-22 and I didn't like it. It didn't seem to have any real structure or plot, it was just satirical description of people. Sure, it was funny to read once about some guy's amusing bad habits and that, but after a while it got really boring.

Life of Pi? I've borrowed that off someone, and I've been meaning to read it...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I thought Catch 22 was boring, but everyone disagrees with me

ReputationRep:
    i've read 'Life of Pi' i thought it was quite good as it has an unusual storyline and don't forget it won the 'Booker Prize' a couple of years ago. although, i found that some parts did test my patience, as there are lenghty descriptions and in parts the story moves quite slowly, there are many morals to be learnt from reading the book.

happy reading

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Ive read both, Life of Pi is really good and seems like the kind oif book that will be studied in school in a few years - some of it is descriptive but then what do you expect from a book that is all about a boy on a raft with only a Bengal tiger for company - and the twist (not really a twist but those who've read it will know what i mean) is really cool....Catch 22 I read years ago but I remember reading the whole thing in about a day and half so it must have been pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    I loved lie of pi - although there were bits which were a wee bit confusing!
    I began catch-22 but I couldn't finish it. Found it very boring.

ReputationRep:
    haven't read either, but heard that Catch 22 is very good. no copies at our bookstore

ReputationRep:
    Life of Pi is highly recommended!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    I thought Catch 22 was boring, but everyone disagrees with me
    im on chapter 4 and its unspeakably shite.

but maybe im just too stupid to get the meaning :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I bought Catch 22 to read on holiday, though am now thinking maybe I shouldn't take it because everyone says its a pile of poo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonas123)
    Catch-22 or...
    Life of Pi.

And thats Pi as in a name not a number

Are they worth reading?
    Both are fantastic books - I just finished reading 'Life of Pi' while on holiday in Spain

Of the two I prefer Catch-22... very confusing until you get into it, but it manages to be very funny and very sad/ horrific at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    i have a copy of catch 22; pretty damn good condition - no real spine creasing.

anyone want to trade?
    the shining is what im looking for, or that bill bryson book pm me

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.