Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I start using Spotify? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I used it before but ran out of 'free credit' so I don't think I can have I for free anymore. I do need to pay for premium?

ReputationRep:
    They're doing an offer where its 50p for 3 months I think

ReputationRep:
    I just use spotify without premium

ReputationRep:
    The ads are annoying if you cba to pay but you phase em out eventually.

You're not required to pay for premium, the free version just has ads is all.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes the free is fine, although you cna get 50% off premium with NUS Extra or Unidays.

ReputationRep:
    I just logged into my account (not premium) and started listening to some Bieber, but I can only see 5 songs. Is this because I have not upgraded to full version? :/

I was hoping to listen to his back catalogue

ReputationRep:
    If youre using it on a laptop, use the free account and download adblocker it stops the ads interrupting the playlist. So you've essentially got a free no-advert account.

ReputationRep:
    A free account is really good, sure - but right now I'm using Spotify Premium because there was an offer at the beginning of summer which gave three months of Premium for 99p keep your eyes open for those groovy offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I just logged into my account (not premium) and started listening to some Bieber, but I can only see 5 songs. Is this because I have not upgraded to full version? :/

I was hoping to listen to his back catalogue
    Your avatar and name fits so brilliantly with this post.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Like you've never heard that one before

ReputationRep:
    Download the modded apk :mmm: No ads, no need to use "shuffle play" but u can't download the songs

ReputationRep:
    Ad-blocking the web app is all well and good if you don't listen to music on the go and the apk just eats into your data. Honestly, Spotify Premium is well worth the £5 a month. It's cheaper still if you can get yourself onto the family plan with 5 other people: cuts it down to £2.50 each.

ReputationRep:
    Spotify non premium is so annoying if my playlist has like less than 10 songs it will play songs that arent in my playlist.

Spotify taking an L

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.