Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I've just finished GCSE and I have a Heroes book with highlighted and annotated with key quotes. My family say I should just chuck it but I'm wondering if anyone would want it (in terms of selling it), just for the sake of getting a bit of cash towards new textbooks.

Does anyone think it's worth selling or should I just throw it away?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Fox Corner - I think this is in the wrong section (sorry). Feel free to move it if necessary
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I've just finished GCSE and I have a Heroes book with highlighted and annotated with key quotes. My family say I should just chuck it but I'm wondering if anyone would want it (in terms of selling it), just for the sake of getting a bit of cash towards new textbooks.

Does anyone think it's worth selling or should I just throw it away?
    Well it's your own book right? So you should do want you want to do with it. Albeit, you won't get a lot for it if it's covered with annotations and notes, especially like Amazon as they would want a percentage of the price you sell it for.

You could put it on Ebay - some people might appreciate the annotations because they're lazy to do with it themselves.

I never throw my books away just because I like the nostalgic feeling of looking back at it. But, are there any younger people in your family or friends' family that might be studying the novel in the upcoming years? You should find out and maybe sell it onto them?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    Well it's your own book right? So you should do want you want to do with it. Albeit, you won't get a lot for it if it's covered with annotations and notes, especially like Amazon as they would want a percentage of the price you sell it for.

You could put it on Ebay - some people might appreciate the annotations because they're lazy to do with it themselves.

I never throw my books away just because I like the nostalgic feeling of looking back at it. But, are there any younger people in your family or friends' family that might be studying the novel in the upcoming years? You should find out and maybe sell it onto them?
    Thanks for the reply. I've asked my brother if he will study it but he doesn't. I'll look into maybe putting it on Ebay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.