Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How difficult would it be to balance a level retakes with Uni work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im happy at the university im going ot but for pride i want to sort a few things out with my a levels

Would it be difficult to juggle the workload or is the uni workload comfterble enough to add extra stuff onto/?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvpmb)
    Im happy at the university im going ot but for pride i want to sort a few things out with my a levels

Would it be difficult to juggle the workload or is the uni workload comfterble enough to add extra stuff onto/?
    There is literally no point, most people that do it struggle and ended up do badly, often in both as they just can fit it all in. You don't want to risk failing your first year of uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliemogs)
    There is literally no point, most people that do it struggle and ended up do badly, often in both as they just can fit it all in. You don't want to risk failing your first year of uni.
    Well maybe they struggled because they couldnt do their a levels properly in the first place? I just need to do a couple modules to tidy it up, and the work of a degree from what i understand is far less than 2-3 a levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvpmb)
    Well maybe they struggled because they couldnt do their a levels properly in the first place? I just need to do a couple modules to tidy it up, and the work of a degree from what i understand is far less than 2-3 a levels
    But there is no point, you might as well put everything into all aspects of uni. Most people on here that I've seen talk about have said they regretted it as it was too much work.

ReputationRep:
    there is no point whatsoever... your A levels mean nothing once you have your degree, focus on getting a good mark and if you have spare time volunteering/working/shadowing will be far more valuable in the long run

ReputationRep:
    Do it then. Retake a level modules alongside your uni work.

Seems pretty clear OP has already made their mind up. OP started the thread for someone to agree with him/her and its not happening because the workload will be too much.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Mvpmb)

Pointless plan, but if you are determined, just do it. 24 hours in a day!

ReputationRep:
    Waste of time.
    If people are spending less time on work at uni than they did at A level they're doing it wrong.
    Spend the time making good on your uni experience.
    First year is about learning and adjusting and figuring out how uni works, and the entire social side (plus doing extra curriculars for CV is a massive help).

ReputationRep:
    Then for pride you want to go back to resit a few uni modules whilst your working at a job... Let it go, no one cares too much about your A levels once you've got a job

ReputationRep:
    Extreme waste of time even doing one A-Level module whilst at uni.
    The whole point of A-Levels is that they catapult you onto your chosen uni course, after you get in to uni, few years down the line no one gives a doss about your A-Levels. Your CV would have been packed with a lot more important achievements and qualifications, such as degree, work experience, internships, skills etc... You wont necessarily get a higher paid job later on in life just because you get an extra A or A* or whatever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.