Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so when I saw my results there was one which stuck out to me as being wildly incorrect; I was certain that I had achieved at least a B in my AS Lit resit but instead I got a D. I got As in all of the other units in this subject and yet this one grade brought me down to an overall B grade for the whole A level, meaning that I got BBB instead of my required ABB. I was very lucky in that my firm uni accepted me in anyway but this grade is extremely vexing to me. I just wanted to know if it would be worth requesting a remark even though I've been accepted into uni (bearing in mind my overall grade was only 3 UMS marks off of an A).
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by rachelthehuman)
    Okay so when I saw my results there was one which stuck out to me as being wildly incorrect; I was certain that I had achieved at least a B in my AS Lit resit but instead I got a D. I got As in all of the other units in this subject and yet this one grade brought me down to an overall B grade for the whole A level, meaning that I got BBB instead of my required ABB. I was very lucky in that my firm uni accepted me in anyway but this grade is extremely vexing to me. I just wanted to know if it would be worth requesting a remark even though I've been accepted into uni (bearing in mind my overall grade was only 3 UMS marks off of an A).
    How many marks were you away from a C overall? If it's far enough then personally I would take the risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    How many marks were you away from a C overall? If it's far enough then personally I would take the risk.
    Well I haven't looked to see how far off the individual exams was from a C, all I know is that the grade for the overall A level was three UMS off an A...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well I haven't looked to see how far off the individual exams was from a C, all I know is that the grade for the overall A level was three UMS off an A...
    Oh no, I meant in terms of overall A level grade, because there's the risk of it going down (I think) and okay, you're 3 off an A but I didn't know how close you are to dropping down to a C. But personally I'd say yes, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    100% do if. There's no downside, as I strongly doubt you will drop to a C if you're so close to that A boundary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.