Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ill be moving to Uni in London, but I havent got a place in halls and will most likely be renting a house with a few other students (not all from my uni) about 30-40 mins away from my uni due to prices.

Normally people make all their friends on freshers, however Im doing a degree/apprenticeship and so I will be working at a company for 3-4days and Uni 1-2 days, thus I cant go out every night on freshers due to working.

I have a feeling it will impact making friends quite a bit.

Any ideas for what I could do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donte)
    Ill be moving to Uni in London, but I havent got a place in halls and will most likely be renting a house with a few other students (not all from my uni) about 30-40 mins away from my uni due to prices.

Normally people make all their friends on freshers, however Im doing a degree/apprenticeship and so I will be working at a company for 3-4days and Uni 1-2 days, thus I cant go out every night on freshers due to working.

I have a feeling it will impact making friends quite a bit.

Any ideas for what I could do?
    I am pretty sure you can join societies in university. Try to join those where your interest lies. Do attend the events they set up only then you can make friends.

You can also talk to your coursemates. Just interact with them before lecture starts or maybe after lecture ends.

Join university group in facebook and get to know people there.

Talk to your flatmates and maybe go out with them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.