Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever made an accommodation appeal at UofM or is anyone in the process of doing so? Wondering how likely it will be that I'm successful as due to unforeseen circumstances I've lost my private accommodation and without a halls offer would likely have to defer which I really don't want to have to do as I'm already a year behind a lot of people my age.

ReputationRep:
    There is tonnes of private student accommodation in Manchester. I would be amazed if you couldn't find something (even a shared house) at short notice. Have you looked at other private providers? Also - try ringing the student union. Years ago, I did a placement year in Manchester and got student digs though the universities private landlord accommodation office.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    There is tonnes of private student accommodation in Manchester. I would be amazed if you couldn't find something (even a shared house) at short notice. Have you looked at other private providers? Also - try ringing the student union. Years ago, I did a placement year in Manchester and got student digs though the universities private landlord accommodation office.

Good luck!
    Thanks for your response! I've been trying my best to find private accommodation but most is out of my price range or requires service fees on top of large deposits that I really cannot afford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clma2016)
    Has anyone ever made an accommodation appeal at UofM or is anyone in the process of doing so? Wondering how likely it will be that I'm successful as due to unforeseen circumstances I've lost my private accommodation and without a halls offer would likely have to defer which I really don't want to have to do as I'm already a year behind a lot of people my age.
    Hello there! I have an ensuite room available for tenancy starting October 1st if youre interested. its in Lambert House, the privately owned student accommodation located next to Piccadilly Station. Rent is 149 pounds per week all bills included and wifi charges too, Please get back to me if interested

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.