Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I wish to study at a top university as my health condition has significantly improved.
    There are A levels and the newer Access courses avaliable to me.
    I need advice on which is the best course of action.
    Where should I start?
    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

    You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

    Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    (Original post by Fox Corner)

    My friend just got onto an access course and her course guarantees her a place at the same university (Glasgow) if she gets 2 Bs (one in each subject) or above - might be worth looking into. I thought that was pretty good (seems like a safer bet than 3 A Levels and UCAS!). Also, this is just my opinion and I've never been to college but it seems like generally universities are better working environments than colleges. Another thing is that A Levels would be more hpw than an access course. I guess it depends quite a lot on what kind of experience you'd like and whether you'd want to balance studies and work for instance. Then there's also the timescales: so 1 year for an access course vs. mostly like two for A Levels.
What's the best type of cheese?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.