Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So I'm 27 and he is 24.

During a party in November 2015, he completely ignored me and was talking to all of my family members but me.

Also at my uncle's house for a Christmas party, he did not even acknowledge or want to talk to me, he couldn't care less even if I was suffering. He did not talk to me once.

Also, there were other times during events, family parties were he just completely ignored me and talked to the rest.

He does have an arrogant, bully behaviour and is targeting me, I'm not sure why?

I'm not sure if this is because I get on well with the rest of the family and he said his mom will look for his wife while I have freedom to look for my own partner. Also he knows I am smarter than him (I'm in software engineering), will get a better degree than him (Computing with Maths).

Perhaps he knows this and is affecting his ego and does not want to feel inferior to me so he resorts to these measures.

ReputationRep:
    Smack in the mouth - works every time. Only thing that bullies understand.

ReputationRep:
    If he sees this then you've just triggered him. The degree does not hold any bearing on one's future, it's all down to the willpower of one to be what (s)he wants to be. For all I know, you could be like me - focusing too hard on your degree and blocking out your surroundings, then finding it hard to get employed after that - while he's letting himself be known to the employers by putting out a portfolio of his work on GitHub, did lots of freelance coding etc etc.

I'm in a career while completing my degree part time.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in a career while completing my degree part time.
    Is your career any relevant to your degree? If not, you're better off leaving it out of your CV

My degree doesn't have much of an effect, experience is what counts in the field.

However, I'm still not sure why my cousin acts like a bully or even how to deal with this. It's sometimes intimidating.

My degree doesn't have much of an effect, experience is what counts in the field. I'm doing a degree simply because I want one.

However, I'm still not sure why my cousin acts like a bully or even how to deal with this. It's sometimes intimidating.

Sorry delete this post, duplicate message.

ReputationRep:
    are you male or female?

(Original post by anonymous)
    so i'm 27 and he is 24.

During a party in november 2015, he completely ignored me and was talking to all of my family members but me.

Also at my uncle's house for a christmas party, he did not even acknowledge or want to talk to me, he couldn't care less even if i was suffering. He did not talk to me once.

Also, there were other times during events, family parties were he just completely ignored me and talked to the rest.

He does have an arrogant, bully behaviour and is targeting me, i'm not sure why?

I'm not sure if this is because i get on well with the rest of the family and he said his mom will look for his wife while i have freedom to look for my own partner. Also he knows i am smarter than him (i'm in software engineering), will get a better degree than him (computing with maths).

Perhaps he knows this and is affecting his ego and does not want to feel inferior to me so he resorts to these measures.
    looooooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm 27 and he is 24.

During a party in November 2015, he completely ignored me and was talking to all of my family members but me.

Also at my uncle's house for a Christmas party, he did not even acknowledge or want to talk to me, he couldn't care less even if I was suffering. He did not talk to me once.

He does have an arrogant, bully behaviour and is targeting me, I'm not sure why?

I'm not sure if this is because I get on well with the rest of the family and he said his mom will look for his wife while I have freedom to look for my own partner. Also he knows I am smarter than him (I'm in software engineering), will get a better degree than him (Computing with Maths).

I have some pretty awful cousins and what I've learnt from it is to just not give them any energy. He's not talking to you in family gatherings? Good you won't have to talk to him either. Act as if he's not even there and talk to your other family members who I'm sure are much nicer than him. Don't make him feel as if he's got the upper hand over you. Fight fire with fire here

Thanks for the replies guys! Appreciated.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.