Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My cousin's (girl) boyfriend is an absolute *******. She has been with him for 4 years now and he always refused to meet the family. 98% of the time he has ignored her over and over and he's not really been a boyfriend to her and she's been mostly alone. Every time my cousin wants to go out with him, he consistently makes up excuses to get out of it. My cousin has cried tears for uncountable weekends these past years and it was hard for me to watch.

Trying to give her wise (and obvious) advice and telling her that he's a horrible piece of crap she needs to get rid of doesn't help, because she's been on and off with him because of the stupid reason that she feels lonely and doesn't want to end up alone. When I ask her why she keeps a guy who doesn't care about her, she says: "Are you crazy?! I can't be alone! I need a man!! I need someone!!". That statement alone is completely devoid of logic. She seems to have a serious lack of self-confidence. I did my best to help her, but it's like talking to a wall - she just does what she feels like.

In summary:
    - he doesn't go out with her, and when he does, it's because she completely forced him to
    - he escapes every single opportunity when my cousin starts asking him about their future. He says he only cares about his future and he has no plans whatsoever for settlement, financial, any sort of planning really
    - he doesn't want to meet the family
    - he flirts with other girls and makes my cousin angry, then claims it's normal

What's wrong with this guy?! I think he's been cheating on my cousin for ages, that's what my intuition tells me.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Some people arent nice, some couples are not well matched.
    lonely or in a couple with a not pleasant person. She has made her choice however illogical that is, shame for her becayse she will be ditched and made unhappy, but its her choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 571122)
    My cousin's (girl) boyfriend is an absolute *******. She has been with him for 4 years now and he always refused to meet the family. 98% of the time he has ignored her over and over and he's not really been a boyfriend to her and she's been mostly alone. Every time my cousin wants to go out with him, he consistently makes up excuses to get out of it. My cousin has cried tears for uncountable weekends these past years and it was hard for me to watch.

Trying to give her wise (and obvious) advice and telling her that he's a horrible piece of crap she needs to get rid of doesn't help, because she's been on and off with him because of the stupid reason that she feels lonely and doesn't want to end up alone. When I ask her why she keeps a guy who doesn't care about her, she says: "Are you crazy?! I can't be alone! I need a man!! I need someone!!". That statement alone is completely devoid of logic. She seems to have a serious lack of self-confidence. I did my best to help her, but it's like talking to a wall - she just does what she feels like.

In summary:
    - he doesn't go out with her, and when he does, it's because she completely forced him to
    - he escapes every single opportunity when my cousin starts asking him about their future. He says he only cares about his future and he has no plans whatsoever for settlement, financial, any sort of planning really

What's wrong with this guy?! I think he's been cheating on my cousin for ages, that's what my intuition tells me.
    By what ur saying it seems as if the guy is not interested, and i think that u should try and confront him and just ask him straight up if he wants to be with ur cousin or not, because from what u say it feels as if he doesnt really care. hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-bhakti-patel)
    By what ur saying it seems as if the guy is not interested, and i think that u should try and confront him and just ask him straight up if he wants to be with ur cousin or not, because from what u say it feels as if he doesnt really care. hope this helps
    I hope I won't have to do that, but we'll see. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I hope I won't have to do that, but we'll see. Thanks.
    Hopefully u wont have to, and soon he may himself say whats in his mind to ur cousin

ReputationRep:

In summary:

If you've given her all the advice that you can, let her make her own mistakes and (eventually) learn from it

ReputationRep:
    thats sad, wonder why he won't meet the family. what does he have to hide. i'm the most shyest of people and so i understand that it is nerve wrecking but even i was able to meet my boyfriends entire family and even though some of them are naturally rude or weird it didn't put me off from meeting them every now and again. the guy sounds really weird, like a complete loner

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.