Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for architecture, but I require a good portfolio. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on what exactly does a good portfolio need to have? And also if I could see examples of portfolios?

ReputationRep:
    Hey im a sixth form student from bradford and i also want to do an architecture degree next year, im finding it quite hard to find info on portfolios too, so i guess we're in he same position!!! Good luck and i hope you find some helpful info, ill try let you know if i do

ReputationRep:
    I got in this year, I would recommend observational drawings of objects. I would also recommend a range of different techniques to show the breadth of your ability
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemonzest_)
    I got in this year, I would recommend observational drawings of objects. I would also recommend a range of different techniques to show the breadth of your ability
    Where did you get offers from with your portfolio?

I'm applying this year!

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from Queens Belfast and Kent but I did quite arse in AS so I could have got more offers but instead I had to try harder this year to make up for it. I ended up choosing Queens as my firm since I've been to NI quite a lot and I'm familiar with the area, luckily I got in to Queens cause I smashed this year and got AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Marzy-Sama

Like other people on here have said, a mixture of observational, technical and concept drawing and/or design would be useful. Take the opportunity to showcase what your strengths and areas of enthusiasm are. Showcasing some 3D work would also be useful - model-making, sculpture, etc. This would demonstrate that you can think and work in 3D, which would be vital for the field. There's more details on our website on what we're looking for; I'm sure other universities will offer something similar on their pages: www.nua.ac.uk/baarchitecture/portfolio/

Best of luck!

Lou
    Marketing and Recruitment

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh those are amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norwich University Of The Arts)
    Hi Marzy-Sama

Like other people on here have said, a mixture of observational, technical and concept drawing and/or design would be useful. Take the opportunity to showcase what your strengths and areas of enthusiasm are. Showcasing some 3D work would also be useful - model-making, sculpture, etc. This would demonstrate that you can think and work in 3D, which would be vital for the field. There's more details on our website on what we're looking for; I'm sure other universities will offer something similar on their pages: www.nua.ac.uk/baarchitecture/portfolio/

Best of luck!

Lou
    Marketing and Recruitment
    Thank you so much for your help xx
    I'll work hard to produce an amazing portfolio
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Marzy-Sama)
    Thank you so much for your help xx
    I'll work hard to produce an amazing portfolio
    Best of luck Marzy-Sama. Let us know if there's anything that we can do to help.

All best,
    Lou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marzy-Sama)
    Oh my gosh those are amazing!!!
    That's very kind of you, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from Queens Belfast and Kent but I did quite arse in AS so I could have got more offers but instead I had to try harder this year to make up for it. I ended up choosing Queens as my firm since I've been to NI quite a lot and I'm familiar with the area, luckily I got in to Queens cause I smashed this year and got AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aw congrats!
    Are you still on freshers week or have you started your lecturers tutorials etc?
    how did you do in your aS if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aw147)
    aw congrats!
    Are you still on freshers week or have you started your lecturers tutorials etc?
    how did you do in your aS if you dont mind me asking?
    My freshers is this week, so I'm just getting my room and all the things I need sorted. As for AS, I got a B in maths, a C in Chemistry and Computing and a D in Biology but I brought it back up to AAB this year

ReputationRep:
    My freshers is this week, so I'm just getting my room and all the things I need sorted. As for AS, I got a B in maths, a C in Chemistry and Computing and a D in Biology but I brought it back up to AAB this year
    wow that is amazing!!! you see i got ABB last year aS level and im resiting 3 modules so that would hopefully bring up my grades but i feel like i cant apply for uni with entry requirements AAA cause thats way too high and unrealistic? i dont know.. my school is no help atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aw147)
    wow that is amazing!!! you see i got ABB last year aS level and im resiting 3 modules so that would hopefully bring up my grades but i feel like i cant apply for uni with entry requirements AAA cause thats way too high and unrealistic? i dont know.. my school is no help atm
    You can very well get AAA this year, it's just gonna take more effort to get there. One of my mates got BBC last year and this year got A*A*A after retaking some tests. He did go no life for a while though I won't lie, but he did it in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannie16)
    Hey im a sixth form student from bradford and i also want to do an architecture degree next year, im finding it quite hard to find info on portfolios too, so i guess we're in he same position!!! Good luck and i hope you find some helpful info, ill try let you know if i do
    I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGQTJHpGDY4

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.