Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I am quite pleased as a sportsman he was massively overrated and constantly trying to promote himself a bit like Louis Smith. Even though he did well in the preliminary he still failed on the day so we should stop hearing about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Tbh I am quite pleased as a sportsman he was massively overrated and constantly trying to promote himself a bit like Louis Smith. Even though he did well in the preliminary he still failed on the day so we should stop hearing about him.
    So you were rooting for him to come last or something?

He didn't just do well in the preliminary he produced a score of 571.85. He has talent and he knows it was no where near his best performance today in the semi-finals. But when someone of that talent doesn't make the final after an amazing performance of course we are going to hear about it!

It's sort of disgusting to see people say they're thrilled for people going out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    So you were rooting for him to come last or something?

I disagree with him being "overrated".

He didn't just do well in the preliminary he got an olympic record. He has talent and he knows it was no where near his best performance today in the semi-finals. But when someone of that talent doesn't make the final after an amazing performance of course we are going to hear about it! If a top sprinter goes out in a heat in the semi's, it isn't the last you hear about it.
    no I mean we heard about him a lot way before the preliminaries in a way we don't hear about other athletes that are doing really well

ReputationRep:
    Thrilled to see him and his giant ego out. Hopefully now the media will concentrate on the actual successful divers instead of this loser.

I completely agree with you about Louis Smith too. Ever since he (undeservedly) won Strictly he's been constantly trying to get his name in the press. He obviously cares more about being a celebrity than being a successful Olympian.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.