Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to stop flies/midgets, debris, & tree seeds flying into me when I'm cycling? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    what the title says really, it all keeps flying into my face when I'm cycling, and its getting really annoying especially as I want to cycle faster.

Any tips on how to stop them?
    thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Wear sunglasses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wear a helmet with that sharp thing you fit on the front, good sunglasses (as above), and you're good to go

ReputationRep:
    Sunglasses might stop midges flying into your face, but they sure as hell won't stop midgets.

ReputationRep:
    a windshield.

ReputationRep:
    Midgets? Choose a route that bypasses Disneyland.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Wear sunglasses

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll give that a go. won't sunglasses make it harder to see though? since sunglasses make things dimmer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    I'll give that a go. won't sunglasses make it harder to see though? since sunglasses make things dimmer
    wear a helmet light during the dark

ReputationRep:
    I've got cycling glasses where you can swap the lenses, so there are dark lenses for if it's a really sunny day, completely clear lenses for rubbish weather and yellow lenses (still not sure what these are for, glare? making things look brighter?) too

so if you wear the clear lenses you still get protection for your eyes without any change in your vision

ReputationRep:
    what the title says really, it all keeps flying into my face when I'm cycling, and its getting really annoying especially as I want to cycle faster.

Any tips on how to stop them?
    thanks
    It's midges not midgets :toofunny:
    One is a small insect, the other is a small human

ReputationRep:
    You can't stop midges unless you got out clothed head to toe and cook alive. If you don't want to wear sunglasses get untinted sports glasses.

You can stop tree related things by not cycling near trees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It's midges not midgets :toofunny:
    One is a small insect, the other is a small human
    This made me laugh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    sunglasses and you could try wrapping a bandana around ur mouth or wearing a mask that looks like those surgical masks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fluorescent sunglasses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    This made me laugh :lol:
    Good, I always like to make people laugh
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you've got midgets flying in your face whilst you're cycling, I'd worry about those first. The other stuff, I probably wouldn't even notice.

ReputationRep:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpfPDb39QtI

The OP's been getting in the way of this lot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.