Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I met this person through a friend yesterday and as a group spent thurs night and Friday day together and I can't stop thinking about them. We got on well and I kept catching him looking at me on the night before and then we spoke a little more yesterday and had fun as a group and I just really liked him. A couple of times the people that we were with remarked about the two of us one time so we heard and I joked it off and another time when I'm sure I wasn't meant to have heard.
    But I have never had a relationship and I have a few reservations about talking to him more or asking anything because I don't know if he just happened to be looking at me every time I looked at him. I'm so scared of rejection but what's different with him is that part of me wants to give it a try. I really want to get to know him better it's just the last time this happened it ended up horrifically.
    There was a boy I got along with well at my stables and we'd go on hacks together chat face to face and talk online, other people at the yard were saying 'oh I think he likes you' and it was so much fun around him, until this one evening we talked for hours. it was flirty but then late in the evening it came up that he was in a relationship on FB... So what had happened? The conversation never seemed 1 way and he later turned out to have many relationships with different girls.
    Now when people say in passing something to do with me and someone else I don't take it seriously and I feel I misjudge situations. I'm so scared it will end up the same way.
    However another experience where I really liked someone went a different way. We both got on so well from the start and we went to school together and got the bus together. It was amazing, we'd flirt a bit I guess and people would again mention how well we got on and the 'you guys should go out' but it never happened, although we still remained friends. I moved away from the area too. And then a year later I found out he liked me too at the same time as me liking him...
    So I am stuck, I don't want to do anything because of what happened with the stable guy but I do want to try to chat to him and get to know him and maybe give it a go because I like him from the time I have spent with him. Should I just go for it?
    Also, is it possible to like someone from only spending 36 hours around them? I feel like it is, I cannot stop thinking about him.
    I really hope this makes sense. I am so nervous but excited.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I met this person through a friend yesterday and as a group spent thurs night and Friday day together and I can't stop thinking about them. We got on well and I kept catching him looking at me on the night before and then we spoke a little more yesterday and had fun as a group and I just really liked him. A couple of times the people that we were with remarked about the two of us one time so we heard and I joked it off and another time when I'm sure I wasn't meant to have heard.
    But I have never had a relationship and I have a few reservations about talking to him more or asking anything because I don't know if he just happened to be looking at me every time I looked at him. I'm so scared of rejection but what's different with him is that part of me wants to give it a try. I really want to get to know him better it's just the last time this happened it ended up horrifically.
    There was a boy I got along with well at my stables and we'd go on hacks together chat face to face and talk online, other people at the yard were saying 'oh I think he likes you' and it was so much fun around him, until this one evening we talked for hours. it was flirty but then late in the evening it came up that he was in a relationship on FB... So what had happened? The conversation never seemed 1 way and he later turned out to have many relationships with different girls.
    Now when people say in passing something to do with me and someone else I don't take it seriously and I feel I misjudge situations. I'm so scared it will end up the same way.
    However another experience where I really liked someone went a different way. We both got on so well from the start and we went to school together and got the bus together. It was amazing, we'd flirt a bit I guess and people would again mention how well we got on and the 'you guys should go out' but it never happened, although we still remained friends. I moved away from the area too. And then a year later I found out he liked me too at the same time as me liking him...
    So I am stuck, I don't want to do anything because of what happened with the stable guy but I do want to try to chat to him and get to know him and maybe give it a go because I like him from the time I have spent with him. Should I just go for it?
    Also, is it possible to like someone from only spending 36 hours around them? I feel like it is, I cannot stop thinking about him.
    I really hope this makes sense. I am so nervous but excited.
    Natural to feel hesitant about things based on previous experiences. Interesting because you've had two distinct things happen in the past.

It's very much possible to feel intense infatuation over a short period of time, whether it's by personality or physical attraction or both of those things.

As a guy I would say that him looking at you is one of those signs, although you can never be sure. I would say ask him out and see what happens.

Oh Jees, I sent him a message saying I wanted to talk more and he replied but I don't know. Do I just tell him I like him?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.