Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ello everyone

Just wondering if there is anyone out there about to begin a wonderful journey at University of Reading in Sherfield Hall? Reveal yourself ..
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    You may also want to join the Facebook Group if you haven't already (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1597369590582136/)

I lived in Sherfield and it's a great place to live (lots of squirrels)

Mark
    2nd Year Accounting and Management

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark... When do we find out which rooms we have been allocated in the hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by tammymxx)
    Hi Mark... When do we find out which rooms we have been allocated in the hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi tammymxx,
    I know the Accommodation Team were working over the weekend, I anticipate room allocations will begin to be e-mailed to you this week Usually it's before the month of September commences).

Mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    Hi tammymxx,
    I know the Accommodation Team were working over the weekend, I anticipate room allocations will begin to be e-mailed to you this week Usually it's before the month of September commences).

Mark
    Can i apply to become an accommodation ambassador even though it's my first year?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Can i apply to become an accommodation ambassador even though it's my first year?
    We don't have Accommodation Ambassadors as such, but you can apply to become a Student Ambassador; we cover an array of roles (Open Days, Campus Tours, School Visits, HE Fairs, Graduation, Welcome Week, Event Setups, Adhoc Admin and of course The Student Room!) -- Many of our Student Ambassadors are in their first year

Mark

ReputationRep:
    We don't have Accommodation Ambassadors as such, but you can apply to become a Student Ambassador; we cover an array of roles (Open Days, Campus Tours, School Visits, HE Fairs, Graduation, Welcome Week, Event Setups, Adhoc Admin and of course The Student Room!) -- Many of our Student Ambassadors are in their first year

Mark
    Where do I find the application form for the role?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Where do I find the application form for the role?
    Applications will be available online in approximately 2 weeks time

Mark

ReputationRep:
    Applications will be available online in approximately 2 weeks time

Mark
    thank you for your time Mark
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    thank you for your time Mark
    No problem and good luck

Mark

ReputationRep:
    No problem and good luck

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I am not sure about this but do we get a university email to access different university related links... Not sure if u will understand my question
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Mark,

I am not sure about this but do we get a university email to access different university related links... Not sure if u will understand my question
    Hi tammymxx,
    You'll get access to your official university e-mail account once your enrollment has been completed; to get full access to the Library, Blackboard and all internal systems.

This normally is completed and active once you collect your campus card during Welcome Week

Mark

ReputationRep:
    Hi tammymxx,
    You'll get access to your official university e-mail account once your enrollment has been completed; to get full access to the Library, Blackboard and all internal systems.

This normally is completed and active once you collect your campus card during Welcome Week

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Sorry for bothering you too much but do i need to buy an adapter or anything to access the internet in the hall?.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Mark,

Sorry for bothering you too much but do i need to buy an adapter or anything to access the internet in the hall?.
    Hi tammymxx,
    That's ok I'm happy to help

You can access the internet via wifi; when I was in Sherfield there was a ethernet cable supplied as well

Mark

ReputationRep:
    Hi tammymxx,
    That's ok I'm happy to help

You can access the internet via wifi; when I was in Sherfield there was a ethernet cable supplied as well

Mark
    lol thank you so much
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    lol thank you so much
    No problem The Arrivals Guide for those staying at Sherfield has now been published online if you haven't had access to it yet http://www.reading.ac.uk/web/FILES/s...de-2016-17.pdf

Mark

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.