Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently found out that I have an interview next week for the border force. The interview slots are around an hour and a half long.
    Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and if there is any advice people want to share with each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuelK17)
    I have recently found out that I have an interview next week for the border force. The interview slots are around an hour and a half long.
    Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and if there is any advice people want to share with each other.
    I am not really going to be joining or anything but I just wanted to wish you good luck and I hope it all goes well! Make sure you let us know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, it's much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Theres a forum called UK Border Force on here where a few are discussing this already... I myself have an interview as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmcc.14)
    Theres a forum called UK Border Force on here where a few are discussing this already... I myself have an interview as well.
    Oh ok, I did see one but I thought it was posts from a long time ago.
    Good luck at your interview. Is this your first time with the border force?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, you too! Yes It's my first interview with them, nervous but hoping it will all go well, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    Wondering if anyone having interviee today for heathrow post?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from them like 2 weeks ago saying that i passed the online tests and that i should book an interview slot but on the email under the dates available it just says "TBC" so i emailed them and they said that they hadn't contacted anyone regarding interview dates and that the interviews would take place between 18th and 30th August.

ReputationRep:
    Although not a student I am currently in the process of Border Control Officer application at Stansted. I passed the initial steps and have been invited to interview in the next week or so. My question is not so much about the interview process but more about the job itself. Does anyone have an idea of typical shift patterns and salary ( including bonus/overtime etc ). I appreciate it's difficult to provide exact figures but an estimation would be great.Many thanks in advance & good luck to those still in the application process.

ReputationRep:
    hi all, i have been selected to attend an interview for border patrol officer in the next 2 weeks, has anyone already been for an interview if so could you please let me know of the procedure etc. also will there be a fitness test later down the road if so what will it entail, and ine last thing i am based in nottingham and originally applied for the position in east midlands/birmingham but thise post got filled, and then they contacted me regarding positions in heathrow being available, the distance i live would it hinder my application. all responses would be very grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuelK17)
    Hi hope your well? i have an interview next week for Heathrow. I was just wondering is the interview face to face for an hour and a half or do we need to do any exercises or scenarios as well?

many thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.