Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I work as a teacher in a school. I worked closely with this guy for 6 months and during that time tried unsuccessfully not to fall in love with him. He has a girlfriend and I knew it would do no good.

He would be flirty in the staff room but then act nervous around me any other time and seemed nervous of me in social situations.
    However, he did say he wanted to stay In contact and added me On Facebook.

He has since attended a few events we've both been to and has liked a few of my posts.

The problem is, I really
    Like him and I actually think he likes me too and that's why he flirted with me but then became shy and nervous with me. I've never given any indication that I like him and I don't think he is aware I do.I feel the best way for me to forget him is to delete him off Facebook as I keep looking at his profile.

I've deleted him on Facebook now and I feel awful. I think he will notice and be hurt as we built up a friendship at work.

I did this for my mental health but was this immature? I will see him at social events about twice a year but that's it. Was I okay to do what I did?

I hope he doesn't re-add me but I don't feel I can have him on my Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd do the exact same as you and I'm 19
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I work as a teacher in a school. I worked closely with this guy for 6 months and during that time tried unsuccessfully not to fall in love with him. He has a girlfriend and I knew it would do no good.

He would be flirty in the staff room but then act nervous around me any other time and seemed nervous of me in social situations.
    However, he did say he wanted to stay In contact and added me On Facebook.

He has since attended a few events we've both been to and has liked a few of my posts.

The problem is, I really
    Like him and I actually think he likes me too and that's why he flirted with me but then became shy and nervous with me. I've never given any indication that I like him and I don't think he is aware I do.I feel the best way for me to forget him is to delete him off Facebook as I keep looking at his profile.

I've deleted him on Facebook now and I feel awful. I think he will notice and be hurt as we built up a friendship at work.

I did this for my mental health but was this immature? I will see him at social events about twice a year but that's it. Was I okay to do what I did?

I hope he doesn't re-add me but I don't feel I can have him on my Facebook.
    lmao you could have just asked him out on a date

I doubt he would have said yes as he has a girlfriend and I'd never have the courage to ask a guy on a date anyway. If he'd been interested in me he would have asked me himself long ago.

ReputationRep:
    If he has a girlfriend but is sending you mixed messages I think deleting him off Facebook would be best

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.