The Student Room Group

A2 German Students (2016-2017) (mostly AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tuesday90909
what was the sport one again? I also found the last reading about the her being a musician quite difficult, I just copied sentences without really knowing what they meant

Idk it was somthing about sport lessons in school.. omg yeahh samee! I just gave up and i didnt get the text.
The musician question was quite tricky. The listening section about holidays in Austria was also a bit confusing. The first and last essay questions were gifts! Anyone else do the essay on marriage/partnership vs staying single?
Original post by super.freak
The musician question was quite tricky. The listening section about holidays in Austria was also a bit confusing. The first and last essay questions were gifts! Anyone else do the essay on marriage/partnership vs staying single?
I did that essay and I loved it!! the essays were much better than last year!!
Original post by Anna1909
I did that essay and I loved it!! the essays were much better than last year!!

So true! Remember that one about tattoos and piercings? -_-
For the cloze text I got answers like: empfindet, wird, empfohlen, hohen, can't remember anymore
Can we talk about the speaking exam now, because surely everyone has done it now? Wasn't the deadline about 15th May? Anyway, I did the resit and I'm not sure how it went :/ I loved the Internet essay but I spent to long on the reading so I left the listening to the end which meant I literally had to guess the whole Webbing question. With that, my computer froze for a couple of minutes which left me with less time :frown:
Original post by hattybiebs
Can we talk about the speaking exam now, because surely everyone has done it now? Wasn't the deadline about 15th May? Anyway, I did the resit and I'm not sure how it went :/ I loved the Internet essay but I spent to long on the reading so I left the listening to the end which meant I literally had to guess the whole Webbing question. With that, my computer froze for a couple of minutes which left me with less time :frown:
we've just got to hope that the grade boundaries are fair! Yeah I guess we probably can?! I thought my listening went quite well, I got the card on crime and thought that it was rather nice! Which one did you get??
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme for Tuesday's AS?
Reply 88
with the number of German students continuously dwindling I imagine the chances of an unofficial AS German Mark Scheme this year is pretty slim, I actually don't see many people on this forum doing German at all. A pity.

I do hope someone proves me wrong and finds/makes a mark scheme - I and a bunch of others will do one for A2 :tongue:
how are people revising for the A2? I seem to have done most of the past papers and want to save some for nearer the exam - what else can be done expect LOADS of vocab and learning/grammar etc

I find the papers so hard to get right even if I understand most of it :/
Original post by Inexorably
with the number of German students continuously dwindling I imagine the chances of an unofficial AS German Mark Scheme this year is pretty slim, I actually don't see many people on this forum doing German at all. A pity.

I do hope someone proves me wrong and finds/makes a mark scheme - I and a bunch of others will do one for A2 :tongue:

That makes sense/. But is there a chance that you could remember roughly what was on the paper? I need to know which topics to revise (I'm doing this year's AS as my year 12 mock [my school doesn't do AS])

Also, it's a shame that fewer kids want to do German now:frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by adljfadf
That makes sense/. But is there a chance that you could remember roughly what was on the paper? I need to know which topics to revise (I'm doing this years AS as my year 12 mock [my school doesn't do AS])

Also, it's a shame that fewer kids want to do German now:frown:

Ah sorry but I did the AS last year, on the old style specification, so I can't really help you at all :frown:
Original post by Anna1909
we've just got to hope that the grade boundaries are fair! Yeah I guess we probably can?! I thought my listening went quite well, I got the card on crime and thought that it was rather nice! Which one did you get??

I had a choice between crime one and the racism one, I chose racism as its my stronger topic!
Reply 93
How is everyone revising A2? Resat the AS earlier this week and feel that it went quite well, which is a relief from last years mess!
I don't really know how to revise the A2 but the only thing i struggle very much with is the translations, which are pracitcally impossible on some parts?? Any tips?
Original post by liasoe
How is everyone revising A2? Resat the AS earlier this week and feel that it went quite well, which is a relief from last years mess!
I don't really know how to revise the A2 but the only thing i struggle very much with is the translations, which are pracitcally impossible on some parts?? Any tips?

If you can get access to the online version of the text book on kerboodle they have tonnes of worksheets with more translations both english to german and german to English in sentences and paragraphs .. don't have answers but it's good for practice

Main aspects of translation is grammar and vocab - also knowing what the mark scheme wants so the past paper ones and really read the mark Scheme and examiners report
Reply 95
Last year's written exam was so ****ing hard. We did it as a mock and the section where you had to choose the right country with the correct statement about nuclear power I got NO marks on; it involves such a huge amount of reading between the lines, it's not amusing.

The exam board's insistence on reading between the lines is getting worse and worse every year and it's very annoying.
Reply 96
Original post by Inexorably
Last year's written exam was so ****ing hard. We did it as a mock and the section where you had to choose the right country with the correct statement about nuclear power I got NO marks on; it involves such a huge amount of reading between the lines, it's not amusing.

The exam board's insistence on reading between the lines is getting worse and worse every year and it's very annoying.

I did that paper too as my mock, the essay questions were nice but that question about the nuclear power was soo hard.. Like you said it's so annoying that they expect you to take slight inferences as answers and it makes me feel really confused, especially with the r/f/na ones where there's like a tiny thing that MAY have said it is true but can't ever decide!
oh well good luck for june 16(?) i guess :]
Original post by liasoe
I did that paper too as my mock, the essay questions were nice but that question about the nuclear power was soo hard.. Like you said it's so annoying that they expect you to take slight inferences as answers and it makes me feel really confused, especially with the r/f/na ones where there's like a tiny thing that MAY have said it is true but can't ever decide!
oh well good luck for june 16(?) i guess :]

Yh the r/f/man ones are horrible some could be any of the three and I don't understand it
Reply 98
Omg NA is so awful as well.

I remember at GCSE our teacher told us we were purposely put on a specific exam board that didn't do NA with T/F because it was so harsh on people.
Reply 99
It's ridiculous, i think the word is ambiguous but i think that every answer is totally questionable & just end up wasting my time.
Either way, the essay questions for A2 AQA are consistently very nice, but i think they have to be to make up for the difficulty of the rest of the paper! Otherwise no one would get decent grades haha..

Quick Reply

Latest