Langwith college - Philip Brockbank court? Watch

abbyjoanna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, so I've just found out I'm in my last choice accommodation, the most immensely expensive room in Langwith college (I'll be on a diet of spaghetti hoops for the next year then) just wondered if anyone else was in House 04, Philip Brockbank court B? I'm room LBR/B/123 (studying social and political sciences)
choychoy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I'm currently in the same house, room 126, also last choice aha
abbyjoanna
Rep:
?
lets hope our housemates picked it on purpose and are really rich and buy us food lol
choychoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sounds like a plan. At least we have incredible premium bathrooms, whatever that means
abbyjoanna
Rep:
?
we might be broke but at least we can cry about it on our 3/4 size beds
choychoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We have 3/4 beds? That's cheered me up. Have you got a 51 week let as well?
abbyjoanna
Rep:
?
Yep! 😒 sounds like we've been stuck with the same deal
choychoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Strangely not many people want to swap either
JammyPodger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in house 4 of philip brockbank! Only received the accomodation offer today as I went through clearing though. It says on the Langwith page that some of the accomodation is for postgraduates too, do either of you know if its mostly freshers there or a mix? I was quite happy with it, yeha its expensive, but better than my other choices which were shared twin rooms
University of York
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JammyPodger)
I'm in house 4 of philip brockbank! Only received the accomodation offer today as I went through clearing though. It says on the Langwith page that some of the accomodation is for postgraduates too, do either of you know if its mostly freshers there or a mix? I was quite happy with it, yeha its expensive, but better than my other choices which were shared twin rooms
Hiya,

There may be postgraduates in your wider block, or nearby but all new undergraduates are housed in flats and houses together so you will be living directly with new undergraduates.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Annie
Accommodation Services
abbyjoanna
Rep:
?
Ah I've found someone else in our flat too and we're thinking of making a FB chat - if you wanna add me on FB it's Abby Tomlinson & my cover picture is like a big crowd!
SpicyGriffin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I also got House 04, Philip Brockbank court B, good to hear that I wasn't the only one who got caught off guard by the offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.12%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.37%
No- I want it (174)
28.34%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.17%

Watched Threads

Latest