Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So basically I am going into A2 and applying for university soon. I did well enough to be able to apply for a russel group but not Oxbridge - this is relevant. My mum won't let me move out for uni unless it's Oxbridge and I have to apply for uni in London now. I don't want to do that because I've never really been one to conform to my culture plus I really want to go to Warwick to study English and creative writing. I am a girl which is more or less the reason I am not being "allowed" to move out. I know I don't need permission but I don't want ruin the relationship and what if she refuses to sign the student finance.
    What can I do/what should I do ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Thechip)
    Hey guys,

So basically I am going into A2 and applying for university soon. I did well enough to be able to apply for a russel group but not Oxbridge - this is relevant. My mum won't let me move out for uni unless it's Oxbridge and I have to apply for uni in London now. I don't want to do that because I've never really been one to conform to my culture plus I really want to go to Warwick to study English and creative writing. I am a girl which is more or less the reason I am not being "allowed" to move out. I know I don't need permission but I don't want ruin the relationship and what if she refuses to sign the student finance.
    What can I do/what should I do ?
    Maybe you could take her to an open day for Warwick and show her how great it is and how much you love it. Explain how things will work once you've moved out, and reassure her wherever you can. Let her ask questions and answer them the best you can. If all else fails, I would really suggest going for it anyway. As for SF, you could contact them and ask what you could do and you could probably talk to your sixth form/college about this as well. I'm sorry you're in this situation, but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    If you're an adult, she can't stop you. Good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.