Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why dont you find smart people who are also sociable/popular? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Question ^^

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure where you live but there's loads of people in my school like that. They drink, go out to parties every weekend, smoke etc. and still get A's and A*'s... So jealous.

ReputationRep:
    Good question.

Intelligent people tend to get less enjoyment out of being sociable than 'ordinary' people. They are often very happy in their own company.

They also have no interest in being popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashtosh302)
    Why dont you find smart people who are also sociable/popular?
    I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSailorMoonQueen)
    I'm not sure where you live but there's loads of people in my school like that. They drink, go out to parties every weekend, smoke etc. and still get A's and A*'s... So jealous.
    thats because they either
    1) revise in secret in their spare time and tell no one

2) if its gcse then you should't be suprised and all it takes is memory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Good question.

Intelligent people tend to get less enjoyment out of being sociable than 'ordinary' people. They are often very happy in their own company.

They also have no interest in being popular.
    ok ands why that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a straight A student at AS levels and I'm sociable... go out with friends or to parties reasonably regularly

I'm very popular irl and I was diasgnosted as a.. Gifted person ? (Sorry Idk how to translate that but you know, IQ above the average) so no it's not true

ReputationRep:
    Erm, they're very common lol
    Maybe like 2/3 of the "gifted and talented" group we had in school were sociable and popular

ReputationRep:
    It's probably due to the way the brain works and how their worldview is created.
    If a child is raised within a confident setting- say parents are teachers or work in business they tend to be more confident.

It all depends on how the brain relates to the world and how the worldview is shaped.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a smart student and quite sociable. Also many other people in my school I know that are sociable and intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    Look at all these self-proclaimed smart people .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    it's not self-proclaimed if you have the grades to back it up...

ReputationRep:
    You just haven't searched hard enough 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Who are also sociable/popular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    I'm very popular irl and I was diasgnosted as a.. Gifted person ? (Sorry Idk how to translate that but you know, IQ above the average) so no it's not true
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Erm, they're very common lol
    Maybe like 2/3 of the "gifted and talented" group we had in school were sociable and popular
    (Original post by richpanda)
    I'm a straight A student at AS levels and I'm sociable... go out with friends or to parties reasonably regularly
    I mean popular within everyone in your year, not just your small group of friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    it's not self-proclaimed if you have the grades to back it up...
    Grades aren't a true measure of Intelligence.
    Explain how 14 marks are the difference between A and E on some papers!

It's a measure of knowledge and application with the ability to handle pressure in a set time.

(Original post by Hashtosh302)
    I mean popular within everyone in your year, not just your small group of friends
    ._. I meant popular with everyone in my school 🤔 + around the world 🤔🤔🤔 so yeah

ReputationRep:
    a lot of people think that i'm smart yet sociable, it's just that i revise enough that i don't burn out, and balance this with going out with mates and catching up with people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.