Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What Phone Should I Choose ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I need to buy a new phone and needed some advice as to what service is most cost-effective these days, what models seem to be better etc etc etc. I have a *****y three year old Nokia that no longer has a place in my heart. Or my pocket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHavePMS)
    Great. Now that I have your attention, I need to buy a new phone and needed some advice as to what service is most cost-effective these days, what models seem to be better etc etc etc. I have a *****y three year old Nokia that no longer has a place in my heart. Or my pocket.
    Do you suffer from PMS?

ReputationRep:
    I like flip-phones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Do you suffer from PMS?
    Do you suffer from a lack of originality?

ReputationRep:
    depends specifically on what your tastes are.

ReputationRep:
    Do you suffer from a lack of originality?
    I'm no longer inclined to help you. Good night.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on some quick editing Mod dept

ReputationRep:
    You'd be helping all of us.

ReputationRep:
    I love the samsung E700, have had mine quite a long time now, n have had no problems. It looks pretty n has a good camera. I'm on orange, though I reckon u can get a better deal now on others, o2 were doin some good ones i heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by operato)
    depends specifically on what your tastes are.
    I'm not really too picky so anything that's lightweight and not *too* expensive (within £100-£150 possibly).

ReputationRep:
    Answer these questions:

1)Network preference - Who are most of you friends on?
    2)How many texts and minutes do you use per month? Offpeak, onpeak, anytime minutes?
    3)Budget?
    4)Phone you have at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Oh poo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BombShell)
    I love the samsung E700, have had mine quite a long time now, n have had no problems. It looks pretty n has a good camera. I'm on orange, though I reckon u can get a better deal now on others, o2 were doin some good ones i heard
    I'm on orange too which has been alright. I was thinking of switching to O2 since my dad has it and prefers it. A camera would be cool...hmm. And, err...I was wondering if anyone was on Three.

ReputationRep:
    Dont Go On 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty)
    Congrats on some quick editing Mod dept
    It was quite an easy one !

ReputationRep:
    I'm on orange too which has been alright. I was thinking of switching to O2 since my dad has it and prefers it. A camera would be cool...hmm. And, err...I was wondering if anyone was on Three.
    Three is pathetic, considering I work at Phones4U, no other network has the highest amount of returns. The tariffs whether your on PAYG or contract are really good, but the handsets are diabolical. They are chunky, massive ugly bricks, and the battery life is appaling, I'd avoid them completely.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, just my friends were on it, n all of them had problems. one used to ring me all the time, n he'd try have a decent conversation with me but every 5 minutes it would just disconnect for no reason and he'd keep having to ring me back.

grrr...was soo annoying
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Get a Sony Ericsson T610! Or the P900, I love that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Get a Sony Ericsson T610! Or the P900, I love that
    T610/T630
    e700

Quite oldish phones, that's not to say that they are not good phones.

ReputationRep:
    I recently went for a Motorola C350, because I got half of the price back in airtime, I think to say I didn't care what sort of phone I had would be an understatement...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.