Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your child wanted to die, would you let them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For example Say for example assisted suicide was legal here and they were ill and didn't want to live anymore, would you let them go through with it?
    If they had a gun in their hand and were about to shoot themselves because they wanted to die so much that it was the only thing they wanted would you let them?

ReputationRep:
    If they were ill to the point their quality of life was so poor and wouldn't get better, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    depends - if they were in a terminal condition onto a painful path to a slow death, then yes. otherwise, I'd let them wait until they were at least 18 to decide something so drastic

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd ever be able to let that happen.

ReputationRep:
    If they had no quality of life and it would be better for them that they died... then of course. Why would anyone not?
    If I was dying a slow and immensely painful death then I would wish for the option to do the same. Inhumane not the have the option.
    Though there actually has to be no quality of life; therefore excluding depression - which often can be treated with psychological and medical treatments, and people still usually have moments of happiness in those circumstances... but I suppose things get a bit arbitrary at this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    If they were ill to the point their quality of life was so poor and wouldn't get better, then yes.
    this one

ReputationRep:
    I initially said no, then I thought about it again. If my child is suffering on earth with a serious illness... would not that make me selfish because I wanted them to be here with me? If dying means that they are escaping from permanent suffering, then I guess the answer would have to be...

ReputationRep:
    If they are healthy then no.

If they are going to die soon then I will give them the best oppurtunities before death.

If they like cant move or anything (very poor quality of life) and wanted to die then I would let them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.