Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Professional Professions despite Mediocre Academic Attainment? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wanted to hear some success stories of people you may know that got mediocre GCSE grades, mediocre AS grades but from A2 onwards were on the ball an attained high grades (A* at A Level, 2.1 or 1 hons degree) and got into well recognised vocations/professions(i.e Doctor, Accountant, Banker, Lawyer etc)

I don't know if I can work with these grades:
    Gcse; A*AABBBBBCCD
    AS; AACD

Just want to feel optimistic! There are a lot of bright students on TSR

ReputationRep:
    Not all the way there yet but at GCSE I got A*AAAABBBBC, at AS I got BBCX and at A level I got ABBb. Currently I'm on track for a high 2:1/first in Aerospace Engineering, I'm about to enter 3rd year and have a 4th after that and I already have job offers from engineering, finance and legal firms for graduate level jobs and another in healthcare in a managerial role alongside an offer for a doctoral scholarship. Your performance at uni is what really matters as you have a lot more opportunities to become an attractive applicant than while at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    Not all the way there yet but at GCSE I got A*AAAABBBBC, at AS I got BBCX and at A level I got ABBb. Currently I'm on track for a high 2:1/first in Aerospace Engineering, I'm about to enter 3rd year and have a 4th after that and I already have job offers from engineering, finance and legal firms for graduate level jobs and another in healthcare in a managerial role alongside an offer for a doctoral scholarship. Your performance at uni is what really matters as you have a lot more opportunities to become an attractive applicant than while at school.
    Thank you so much. This is actually motivating. Always thought that the people that study engineering at university are stacked with lots of A*s at GCSE with a really strong A Level performance. It looks like you are in a better position than most people at university!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.