Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Its coming closer to the 2016 GCSE results day and this week particularly ive been having the same kind of nightmares:

I start of by walking along the hallway of my school, the hallway that leads to the main hall were things like exam, plays, assemblies are given.
    As I walk closer to the entrance to the hall, the bigger the crowd get and the more frustrated I become. I then reach the middle of the crowd all dazed, confused, anxiety kicks in and then I notice a piece of paper on the door and its a list of names. I then turn back to the ever growing crowd and the teachrs are there. I panic because I have no idea what the exam is and no one will tell me. My head spins and my thoughts spiral as everyone gets their stuff out from their bag and I panic and panic and I feel horrible inside.

Then I wake up and I have similar nightmares after that.

Does anyone know what this means because I am usually confident and dont really get anxiety or get frightened like the way I did in my nightmares and whenever I think about the nightmares I just start getting doubts and I get depressed.

I have no idea why im getting these dreams only a week from the big day...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Frank Peters)
    Its coming closer to the 2016 GCSE results day and this week particularly ive been having the same kind of nightmares:

I start of by walking along the hallway of my school, the hallway that leads to the main hall were things like exam, plays, assemblies are given.
    As I walk closer to the entrance to the hall, the bigger the crowd get and the more frustrated I become. I then reach the middle of the crowd all dazed, confused, anxiety kicks in and then I notice a piece of paper on the door and its a list of names. I then turn back to the ever growing crowd and the teachrs are there. I panic because I have no idea what the exam is and no one will tell me. My head spins and my thoughts spiral as everyone gets their stuff out from their bag and I panic and panic and I feel horrible inside.

Then I wake up and I have similar nightmares after that.

Does anyone know what this means because I am usually confident and dont really get anxiety or get frightened like the way I did in my nightmares and whenever I think about the nightmares I just start getting doubts and I get depressed.

I have no idea why im getting these dreams only a week from the big day...
    Anxiety around results day is really common, so don't worry about it. Try and distract yourself as much as you can and just fill your days with fun things until results day and hopefully once you've got them you'll feel better. It'll also tire you out a bit so hopefully you'll sleep a bit better. The less you think about the nightmares during the day, you might be less likely to have them the following night. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.