Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

So recently I was accepted into De Montfort, got my accomodation and now need to work out when to move in.

So the actual start date of my tennancy is 10/09/16 (I can move in then), however I don't actually need to be at the uni until 24/09/16.

My question is what time is the best time to move in?

Im not sure whether I need to go early to sort things out and possibly meet my room mates or is the 24th is the earliest I need to go? Any help is appeciated!

Thanks for reading,
    Daniel

ReputationRep:
    Go as close as you can to the tenth. It will give you time to get used to your new surroundings. Also, you have freshers week to think about.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel_Bennett)
    Hi all,

So recently I was accepted into De Montfort, got my accomodation and now need to work out when to move in.

So the actual start date of my tennancy is 10/09/16 (I can move in then), however I don't actually need to be at the uni until 24/09/16.

My question is what time is the best time to move in?

Im not sure whether I need to go early to sort things out and possibly meet my room mates or is the 24th is the earliest I need to go? Any help is appeciated!

Thanks for reading,
    Daniel
    Hello Daniel

Personally, I'd suggest moving in on the 10th or a couple of days after. You want to get there and moved in as soon as possible so you can settle down and have a little bit of time in the city before you start university. Moving in closer to the start of your course is just a rush and stress you do not need.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys, a clear answer then! I'll see about getting in on the tenth

ReputationRep:
    Most people move in on the first day of the tenancy. There are usually plenty of things going on on campus before lectures start and you will have time to get settled and find your way around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.