Turn on thread page Beta

A UKL Adventure (Happy Anniversary) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Once upon a time, when Ukl has young and just coming in to it's growth spurt, there was a mighty poster named Leekeypostalot. Leekeypostalot was one of the great and respected posters of the old age. Whenever there was posting to be done Leekeypostalot was to be found. One day Leekeypostalot met Olivernewbie. They were walking on an overgrown path in the midst of a dark woods when they heard the scream of the fair princess of Ukl katy. They immediately ran to the origin of the scream only to find all of her possessions and a note from Bloodhound claiming that he would ransom Katy to d for 1/2 of the ownership of Ukl. Leekeypostalot and Olivernewbie ran as fast as their legs could carry them to the castle of the Great God of Ukl, d. d was sore afraid for the safety of katy so he said, "Go forth my children, and rescue the fair princes, for she is in another castle and I cannot bear the thought." Olivernewbie jumped at the chance of a noble quest but Leekeypostalot was rather reluctant. After much persausion Leekeypostalot agreed to go. They left the castle and here on the same overgrown path through the dark woods when they met Richtechguy and a_musical_gal. Richtechguy and a_musical_gal were incensed that Katy had been princessnapped. They were offering their services when Maskall swooped down and grabbed a_musical_gal. Richtechguy swore up and down and threw notebooks and cameras and all manner of other thing that a tech guy might have but it was to no avail for all they hit was a note from Maskall, floating down to meet them. The note read, "Now we have two damsels in distress. Give us 1/2 of Ukl." Knowing that Maskall and Bloodhound could not go far with two women, our adventurers hurried their pace. Before night fall they had come upon the castle at Contraryness. This was obviously the perfect place for Maskall and Bloodhound to hide. They charged the door, but it held fast. Olivernewbie had an idea. He said, "Mr. Richtechguy, since me and Leekey post alot were told to do this, we will swim the mote and go in through the dungeon. You stay here and use your techy devises on the door." They all agreed so Olivernewbie and Leekeypostalot jumped in the river and swam across the mote and down under water to the secret passage that they conveniently knew about. Once in the dungeon they ran up flight after flight of stairs to get to the castle proper. Once their they ran up more stairs to the tallest room in the tallest tower. There, they found Maskall, Bloodhound and our ladies Katy and a_musical_gal. There ensued a humongous battle. Swing for swing our heroes matched our evil villians. With a mighty swing Leekeypostalot shattered the ancient sword of Maskall. Maskall fearing for his life imediately surrendered. Bloodhound, of course, would not give up. He fought on with Olivernewbie. With a lucky blow Olivernewbie got him in the arm. Leekeypostalot and Olivernewbie then led Bloodhound and Maskall to the same dungeons from earlier in our story. They chained up Bloodhound, but because Maskall claimed he was force against his will they merely locked him up. Once done with they villians they ran back up the stairs to find the two ladies waiting in the foyer. They all went out the front gate to find Richtechguy asleep amidst his gadgets. After an uneventful trip back to the Great God of UKl's castle, they were greated by an estatic d. d said, "My wonderful children, you have all come back. Sir Olivernewbie and Sir Leekeypostalot, in return for this service you have done for me I will make you stewards of all that I have." With that the Great God of Ukl slew Leekeypostalot and Olivernewbie and remade them in his image. Still they lay there, so he breathed life into them. He said, "You shall be called Leekey, for you will no longer post a lot, and Ollie because you are no longer a newbie. Go forth and be Moderators in my forums."

And that's how it happened, well sorta . One year ago today Leekey and Ollie were made mods. Happy anniversary.

lol! That took an age to read, but it was good reading.

ReputationRep:
    i promise to read it in the morning

ReputationRep:
    Wicked Story!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I'll read that again in a few weeks, and I'm sure it will be very good .

ReputationRep:
    I was going to add a part about how Koloth and Helen tried to rescue them but I didn't think I had enough room.

Anyways, the main point was to say:

Happy Modding Anniversary Ollie and Leekey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I was going to add a part about how Koloth and Helen tried to rescue them but I didn't think I had enough room.

That was erm... nice moncal. Very nice

Happy anniversary guys! And nylex as well!

ReputationRep:

Its been a year!?

Bloody hell.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Anniversary!

Didn't realise what this thread was about at first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    That was erm... nice moncal. Very nice

Happy anniversary guys! And nylex as well!
    It was Chicken's yesterday too .

ReputationRep:
    Happy Aniversary!!!!

ReputationRep:
    aww, happy aniversary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    It was Chicken's yesterday too .
    Ollie and Leekey have both already had their year anniversarys. This is their modding anniversary, as in they becam mods a on 17-7-03 (I think that's how ya'll do dates (7-17-03))

ReputationRep:
    Ollie and Leekey have both already had their year anniversarys. This is their modding anniversary, as in they becam mods a on 17-7-03 (I think that's how ya'll do dates (7-17-03))
    Nice one . Yeah, our months and dates are just the other way round to yours .

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!

Nice story **

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Nice one . Yeah, our months and dates are just the other way round to yours .
    The logical way

ReputationRep:
    Happy 'modding anniversary' Ollie & SuperLeekey

ReputationRep:
    Happy Aniversary Ollie and Leekey. Hard to believe you've been looking after us for so long. Makes you feel old doesn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    The logical way
    Wouldnt be so sure of that

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.