Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just come back from a lesson, and im so upset i tried not to cry during the lesson too, i was driving in a left hand lane and he told me to go to the middle lane. I hesitated for a second of two idk i had brain fog and wasnt thinking straight it was my fault completely and i carried on in the left hand lane i did all this safely and didnt cause any danger to other drivers and we just did a loop round. Anyway when i carried on he shouted at me a few times and swore and said he doesnt understand me at all and im stupid etc. My eyes watered like crazy trying not to cry. not sure how i did the rest of the lesson tbh, it was one small mistake if im honest ive never done it before,and hes snapped at me before like this. I have my test in a couple week i dont know what to say now i didnt really speak to him after the incident

ReputationRep:
    Time to get a new driving instructor. It is totally unprofessional to swear in front of a student. Sorry you had such a bad time. Don't stand for it. Ask for a refund on any lessons you have paid for in advance and go elsewhere.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia212)
    just come back from a lesson, and im so upset i tried not to cry during the lesson too, i was driving in a left hand lane and he told me to go to the middle lane. I hesitated for a second of two idk i had brain fog and wasnt thinking straight it was my fault completely and i carried on in the left hand lane i did all this safely and didnt cause any danger to other drivers and we just did a loop round. Anyway when i carried on he shouted at me a few times and swore and said he doesnt understand me at all and im stupid etc. My eyes watered like crazy trying not to cry. not sure how i did the rest of the lesson tbh, it was one small mistake if im honest ive never done it before,and hes snapped at me before like this. I have my test in a couple week i dont know what to say now i didnt really speak to him after the incident
    He has absolutely no right to swear at you. That alone should be enough reason to leave. Find a new Instuctor and see if he has a page on yell.com or some other website and leave a completely scathing review so future students are aware.
    I had a female driving instructor temporarily because my old one was fully booked and she was a condescending patronising mean bi**h and I followed the advice of people on here and texted her saying won't be needing anymore lessons, all she replied back with was 'thanks' lol! But anyway now I'm so much happier to not be in the same car as that woman. I cried in the lesson like literally cried my eyes out because of her, it was so embarrassing.
    But yes leave this Instuctor!! You are under no obligation to continue having lessons with him, honestly too many driving instructors these days are more entitlited than their own good

ReputationRep:
    You really need a new instructor, I've got a really good one and if you make a mistake, like stall, he doesn't sit there shouting or anything, we just get the car started up and carry on. If I were you, I'd leave him right now, if they acted like that they're awful. Try asking friends/neighbours if they recommend anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I have someone in mind who's really good but he's self employed and only does a certain test centre which would mean learning new routes and learning new car etc and my test is in 2 week means putting everything back

ReputationRep:
    Mia, how busy is the test centre? If the centre he likes isn't that busy, you should be able to get a slot fairly soon. And instructors use a particular centre because either A, they feel the route they use is better or B, the pass rate their is higher. I'd speak to the instructor, ask him why he uses that centre, and maybe do what I did and book a trial lesson with them, to see if you like them. Some even do a free trial lesson.

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand. Last week I had such a bad driving lesson I cried when I went home. He got mad at me for something so small and I felt he had no confidence in me. I had already paid for many hours on advance though.

Then in yesterdays lesson I was angry and I think he sensed it so he was being nice lol

Your instructor shouldn't be acting this way in the first place. As you don't have enough time to change instructors I say next time you have a lesson and he swears at you, give attitude right back, he deserves it. He'll soon realise what it's like to be treated the way he treated you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly you should change instructor. He shouldn't be shouting and swearing, it's unprofessional. Explain the situation to a new instructor that you have your test soon and your instructor is being rude and unprofessional, and see what they say

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.