Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone help me ??? I have pains under my left rib cage and stomach ... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 15 year old girl and I have asthma. I regularly take an inhaler but I never feel like I actually need it.

Sometimes I get pains in my lower stomach, upper stomach and just under my left rib cage.
    Also under my left rib cage and in my stomach I can sometimes feel my insides sort of go " Klunk Klunk" and it feels like something is moving down (inside my body). I realised it the most when I was on an 8 hour flight on a plane. It was at random times and straight after I finished eating.

Any ideas what it is ???
    Is it normal ???

ReputationRep:
    theres this thing called a doctor that can help
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You need to go to a doctor, not to worry you but if its somethung serious it can get worse so don't take the gamble and go the GP (its better to go to a walk in centre and GPs are no good)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonomon)
    I'm a 15 year old girl and I have asthma. I regularly take an inhaler but I never feel like I actually need it.

Sometimes I get pains in my lower stomach, upper stomach and just under my left rib cage.
    Also under my left rib cage and in my stomach I can sometimes feel my insides sort of go " Klunk Klunk" and it feels like something is moving down (inside my body). I realised it the most when I was on an 8 hour flight on a plane. It was at random times and straight after I finished eating.

Any ideas what it is ???
    Is it normal ???
    See a doctor. It could be nothing serious and the doctor could essentially tell you that you're fine after five minutes of being there. Or it could be a condition that could need treatment to ensure you stay healthy. But see a doctor. If you don't fancy worrying your parents about this issue (i know the feeling) then you could always go alone.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with what the others have said. I don't see why people see a forum full of students as an alternative to seeing a qualified doctor tbh.

ReputationRep:
    But if it isn't anything then I'd feel a bit akward at the doctors for wasting his time ....

ReputationRep:
    But if it isn't anything then I'd feel a bit akward at the doctors for wasting his time ....
    A doctor would prefer it if you sought assistance if you have a problem rather than waiting and having it potentially get worse.

ReputationRep:
    If it turned out to be nothing doctor's would not think you wasted their time, they would be glad you came in for a check up. Most people know they have medical problems from the pain or physical symptoms they experience but still don't go to a doctor for the same reasons you think and their problems get worse because of this or because they did not go to a doctor straight away their problems were incurable but you don't have to worry about that because by asking this question on this forum you know you have to ring up for an appointment to see your doctor.
    Years ago i would get out of breath as soon as i left my front door, i thought it was a silly problem and did not go to my doctor about it for 3 years but when i started developing another problem i had no choice but to go to the doctor then i told him about feeling out of breath and being tiered all the time and was told i had anaemia.
    So i thought it was just a silly problem and did not act on it straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Like what others have said, you absolutely would not be wasting his/her time. I've been quite a few times for small issues that could have meant skin cancer etc, however every time they've said "yeah it's nothing but you did the right thing to come in".
    Doctors would much prefer to tell you that it's nothing than you've left something too late and now the treatment is much more complex.

ReputationRep:
    doctors are fine with it, they don't mind at all

ReputationRep:
    kidney stones?????

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.