Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I a weirdo? watch

Announcements

Lately, I've been thinking that I find it hard to relate to people in general. I would say that I have many acquaintances but no real or close friends. There was a point in my life where I was one of those popular kids but I found myself having to dumb down for people or pretend to be interested in what they say, I still do that to an extent today but not so much as a I cba.

In my spare time, I do enjoy going to bars and clubs with one or two friends to wing me but not in large groups. Otherwise I enjoy reading newspapers, a book or catching up on Netflix on the weekend. I have Facebook but rarely use it and only talk to people on whatsapp if they message first. Sometimes I go on tinder dates but usually get bored with the first 15mins.

I don't know if this is due to depression or anxiety or what, but this doesn't seem normal for a guy in his early 20s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lately, I've been thinking that I find it hard to relate to people in general. I would say that I have many acquaintances but no real or close friends. There was a point in my life where I was one of those popular kids but I found myself having to dumb down for people or pretend to be interested in what they say, I still do that to an extent today but not so much as a I cba.

In my spare time, I do enjoy going to bars and clubs with one or two friends to wing me but not in large groups. Otherwise I enjoy reading newspapers, a book or catching up on Netflix on the weekend. I have Facebook but rarely use it and only talk to people on whatsapp if they message first. Sometimes I go on tinder dates but usually get bored with the first 15mins.

I don't know if this is due to depression or anxiety or what, but this doesn't seem normal for a guy in his early 20s.
    I am sorry to say but you are a completely normal person. I think the main thing is that you are yourself and you do what you like. I can understand what you mean when it comes to your topic about not have any close friends. I really have only one or two close friends. On top of that I sure agree with you about Facebook. I see nothing wrong with you. You go out, you do your own things. The main thing from all this is that you enjoy it and are happy with what you do!

Do your best and do not change because others want you. You are who you are. There is no need to go out with a large group of people. I personally think its a bit more fun to go out with a small number of people.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Agreed with the above poster. There is nothing wrong with you.

You are who you are and do not change for others. I also agree it's a bit more fun with a small group of people rather than a large group of people.

I would focus on improving yourself, read books on conversation or people skills, Join clubs, go to meet up's or even join an online meeting website if you want to make more friends.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.