Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer these two questions:

Describe what you think will motivate you about working at Deloitte and the role you have applied to.(max 200 words in bullet point format)

Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis during your gap year placement.(max 200 words in bullet point format)

Is anybody else applying? If so, where and what service?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by modnar)
    How would you answer these two questions:

Describe what you think will motivate you about working at Deloitte and the role you have applied to.(max 200 words in bullet point format)

Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis during your gap year placement.(max 200 words in bullet point format)

Is anybody else applying? If so, where and what service?
    We can't answer these questions for you. Look up Deloitte's strengths, the role and purpose of the service line you've applied to and connect it to why you're applying.

Second one is literally a google search away of key tasks and responsibilities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    We can't answer these questions for you. Look up Deloitte's strengths, the role and purpose of the service line you've applied to and connect it to why you're applying.

Second one is literally a google search away of key tasks and responsibilities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha thanks, that's what I did but I though it sounded like I was just stealing from their website and not being very original. I suppose i'll just go for it and see what happens...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    haha thanks, that's what I did but I though it sounded like I was just stealing from their website and not being very original. I suppose i'll just go for it and see what happens...
    Eh, I did the same and got passed the first screen 2 years ago

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I did the same and got passed the first screen 2 years ago
    what was it that stopped you going further? is it very competitive, my AS grades weren't that great (ABB), do you think that will bring my application down?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    what was it that stopped you going further? is it very competitive, my AS grades weren't that great (ABB), do you think that will bring my application down?
    Aptitude tests. And no, those won't bring down your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aptitude tests. And no, those won't bring down your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You seem so smart so if you can't pass them how could I?
    Sorry for all the questions but do you think its worth uploading a CV? Most of what's on mine seems irrelevant e.g. volunteering at a youth club. I thought I might add a few lines about skills such as team work, communication etc. and maybe hobbies like DofE, sports and music. I thought it might show that i'm interesting and hard working or something but I don't want it to seem like I'm bragging haha thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You seem so smart so if you can't pass them how could I?
    Sorry for all the questions but do you think its worth uploading a CV? Most of what's on mine seems irrelevant e.g. volunteering at a youth club. I thought I might add a few lines about skills such as team work, communication etc. and maybe hobbies like DofE, sports and music. I thought it might show that i'm interesting and hard working or something but I don't want it to seem like I'm bragging haha thanks!
    It was because I didn't practice ahahaha.

If you search for numerical tests and verbal reasoning tests online - usually you can pay for a pack - just churn through those and practice.

Nah, go for it. All of that is interesting info.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.