Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi their,I need to resit some exams for the aqa bio a2 exams this year in june 2017.Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?Or if u are resitting any other exams?Wanna feel more comfortable it is not just me =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFoxes)
    Hi their,I need to resit some exams for the aqa bio a2 exams this year in june 2017.Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?Or if u are resitting any other exams?Wanna feel more comfortable it is not just me =(
    Hi,

Sorry I don't think it's no longer possible . This summer was the final time to sit the old spec biology exams. If you want to resit any biology exams you'll have to do the new spec meaning you'll have to do the whole a level again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanconnel)
    Hi,

Sorry I don't think it's no longer possible . This summer was the final time to sit the old spec biology exams. If you want to resit any biology exams you'll have to do the new spec meaning you'll have to do the whole a level again.
    I have already done the alevel biology(All units) old-spec.If u done the units and want to resit any of them,u can redo them last time in 2017 summer

Check the table:http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_...-CONFIRMED.PDF

Got me worried their hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanconnel)
    Hi,

Hi So I got a U at AS Biology but I know why I got that and know what I have to do to get a good grade at Biology. I am prepared to work hard. I therefore want to retake year 12 but sixth forms wont allow me to do so. What can I do? Should I try other sixth forms? Will there be any sixth forms that will accept me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abirella)
    Hi So I got a U at AS Biology but I know why I got that and know what I have to do to get a good grade at Biology. I am prepared to work hard. I therefore want to retake year 12 but sixth forms wont allow me to do so. What can I do? Should I try other sixth forms? Will there be any sixth forms that will accept me?
    Possibly not with a U grade.6th form will let u on if u do different subjects tho.If u want to resit it,u must do the new spec or find a centre and become a private candidate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi , me and my friend are in the exam same boat as you i didnt get great this results day so decided i to resit. But no colleges will accept a student like me due to the changes in specification. They said that theonly thing we can do is sit the exams as an external student, so it looks like i will have to learn everything again at home by myself with out a teacher. dont know how I am going to cope tbh. Also you can resit AS exams so that calmed me down a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigz98)
    Hi , me and my friend are in the exam same boat as you i didnt get great this results day so decided i to resit. But no colleges will accept a student like me due to the changes in specification. They said that theonly thing we can do is sit the exams as an external student, so it looks like i will have to learn everything again at home by myself with out a teacher. dont know how I am going to cope tbh. Also you can resit AS exams so that calmed me down a lot.
    Does that mean you have to pay for the exams your resitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abirella)
    Does that mean you have to pay for the exams your resitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes we do have to pay, i calculated that my 6 exams comes to roughly £85, which was the cost of one a level anyway ( I am doing AQA in case you are wondering) I am glad though that i can resit AS again, because my sixth form teachers told me this wasn't allowed, since they thought no more AS papers were going to be produced. However the AQA exam timetable shows that this is not the case.
    Also the cost may be slightly more if the centre you are sitting the exams at charge an admin fee.

ReputationRep:
    Yes we do have to pay, i calculated that my 6 exams comes to roughly £85, which was the cost of one a level anyway ( I am doing AQA in case you are wondering) I am glad though that i can resit AS again, because my sixth form teachers told me this wasn't allowed, since they thought no more AS papers were going to be produced. However the AQA exam timetable shows that this is not the case.
    Also the cost may be slightly more if the centre you are sitting the exams at charge an admin fee.
    Is this for AS exams only or the whole A-level Biology exams? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    im resitting aqa bio, the old spec unit 1,4 and 5 in 2017, absolutely crapping myself! got to do it as an external candidate aswell. I'm paying for each unit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ismail786)
    im resitting aqa bio, the old spec unit 1,4 and 5 in 2017, absolutely crapping myself! got to do it as an external candidate aswell. I'm paying for each unit
    Same.Must work hard
    How much u paying per unit?I am paying £60 per unit cuz its the only school near my area and its a grammer school so yea.. no choice.

ReputationRep:
    I am also resitting, I am doing BIOL5. How is everybody going to revise for this?

ReputationRep:
    Also I have been told I have the knowledge but not the exam technique. How would I improve on exam technique?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanniej)
    I am also resitting, I am doing BIOL5. How is everybody going to revise for this?
    I think I may have to get a tutor to help with the synoptic essay, then revise as normal for everything else.

ReputationRep:
    I think I may have to get a tutor to help with the synoptic essay, then revise as normal for everything else.
    Okay yeh that's a good idea. I am going away from mid November to end of April so it will be a bit of a push :/

ReputationRep:
    Hello Im doing new bio alevel for this summer 2017 I am wondering if you could spare your time to give tips to me on how to improve exam techniques, synoptic essays (English is not my first language but I can speak fluently) and I am worried if I am not good at english as you, will they mark me down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFoxes)
    I am resitting the AQA Biology Units 2,4 and 5 old spec exams! So good to see i'm not alone! :' I have been going to lessons for the new spec exams as they are quite similar to help with revision and also been having a tutor to help out mainly with the synoptic essays.

How are people finding the revision? and whats occurring basically haha

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyBrowning)
    I am resitting the AQA Biology Units 2,4 and 5 old spec exams! So good to see i'm not alone! :' I have been going to lessons for the new spec exams as they are quite similar to help with revision and also been having a tutor to help out mainly with the synoptic essays.

How are people finding the revision? and whats occurring basically haha
    Hey I'm doing the unit 5 paper as well! Do you have any tips for the essay or any idea what the topics may be??
    Finding it hard to remember everything

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I retook BIOL4 and I am going to sit my BIOL5 paper on the 20th of June.
    The BIOL4 had many repeated questions from past papers
    My friend re-took BIOL2 and said the paper also was full of repeated past paper questions
    I think the BIOL5 paper will have repeats but I don't think the synoptic essay will be from the pps.
    I've only done the essays that have been predicted on TSR and my normal BIOL5 revision.
    Do you think the essay will be repeated too?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.