The Student Room Group
University of York
York

PPE or Economics?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JRKinder
Oh wow, Rome! I'm planning to visit Rome next year actually, the closest I've been otherwise is Naples. I can't promise York will live up to Rome's standards, at least in size, but it's a very nice city so hopefully you'll like it there. Yeah British universities are among the world's best but that comes at a hefty price tag, iirc York is a Russell Group uni too which are particularly well regarded in Britain's job market. Do you plan to return to Italy after uni or stay here? If you do decide to go back then studying abroad is always well-regarded, and if you stay here then York is a well-known and recognised university. I'm sorry but I don't really know a lot about Italian unis so I can't really comment on whether paying to come to the UK would be 'worth it' in comparison, although I can see why the lack of student loans and such would be attractive. In my opinion, it will be because the right degree can potentially add hundreds of thousands more to your lifetime earnings, but you'll have to weigh that up against your knowledge of Italian unis at no cost.

Hey. In the end I chose to switch to Economics and was accepted for it. Confirmed my place and paid the accommodation fee; starting my course at York in september :smile:.

Rome is very nice, you should come visit indeed. Better than naples :wink:.
(edited 7 years ago)
University of York
York
Original post by Adrono
Hey. In the end I chose to switch to Economics and was accepted for it. Confirmed my place and paid the accommodation fee; starting my course at York in september :smile:.

Rome is very nice, you should come visit indeed. Better than naples :wink:.
Ah nice, probably for the best imo. I know a couple of people going to York actually, one for Maths&Stats and another for English Lit (whose also from Rome actually!)

And yes I plan to, next summer I'm going to do a big sweep of Europe - Rome will be my most southerly point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending