Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just drinking a cup of cold coffee, and flicked out a maggot from it, which happens sometimes, and then this little fly just flew by. And i just realised that i had probably just killed it's baby. So this brings me to a new revelation, do flies have feelings too?!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by john2054)
    I was just drinking a cup of cold coffee, and flicked out a maggot from it, which happens sometimes, and then this little fly just flew by. And i just realised that i had probably just killed it's baby. So this brings me to a new revelation, do flies have feelings too?!
    WHICH HAPPENS SOMETIMES?

DUDE JUST GET A DIFFERENT BRAND WTF MAN and na i don't think so

ReputationRep:
    their brains are not intelligent enough to understand anything, its just evolution that controls their lives.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It'll probably piss in your coffee next time so watch out.

ReputationRep:
    I am slightly concerned about the bolded part, maggots in your coffee shouldn't be a regular occurrence. It shouldn't even happen once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It'll probably piss in your coffee next time so watch out.
    The maggot, i don't think they are anatomically capable of pissing?! i killed the bugger, but i am starting to feel a bit guilty about it lol damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I am slightly concerned about the bolded part, maggots in your coffee shouldn't be a regular occurrence. It shouldn't even happen once
    It has happened to me at least once before. I think it happens when you make a cup of coffee, in this case with only warm water from a kettle, and some cheeky fly lies her egg in it. Oh well. Tragic story really. Also a bit gross?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    The maggot, i don't think they are anatomically capable of pissing?! i killed the bugger, but i am starting to feel a bit guilty about it lol damn.
    Why is there even a maggot in your coffee? Surely that's something to be more concerned about?

ReputationRep:
    It has happened to me at least once before. I think it happens when you make a cup of coffee, in this case with only warm water from a kettle, and some cheeky fly lies her egg in it. Oh well. Tragic story really. Also a bit gross?
    No, it's not supposed to happen, really.

I would invest in a new kettle and an electric bug killer if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Why is there even a maggot in your coffee? Surely that's something to be more concerned about?
    No, it's not supposed to happen, really.

I would invest in a new kettle and an electric big killer if I were you.
    It's okay i'm not that bothered about it. It wasn't freshly boiled water, it was about fifteen minutes warm. I will make sure i only drink from freshly boiled water next time, okay?

ReputationRep:
    It's okay i'm not that bothered about it. It wasn't freshly boiled water, it was about fifteen minutes warm. I will make sure i only drink from freshly boiled water next time, okay?
    You've got to be trolling us, right? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    You've got to be trolling us, right? :laugh:
    God's honest truth. Also it has reached that kind of time in the morning. I am trying quite hard here to think of good ideas for conversation starters?

ReputationRep:
    God's honest truth. Also it has reached that kind of time in the morning. I am trying quite hard here to think of good ideas for conversation starters?
    I think you are having a laugh with us because a) no fly would lay their eggs in a kettle, there would be no decomposing flesh there to attract them and therefore their babies would starve. It would go against their instincts to lay there and b) even water boiled just 15 minutes ago would be hot enough to kill any eggs and maggots present. They wouldn't even hatch, if the outright temperature of the kettle didn't kill them the water and steam would

ReputationRep:
    I think you are having a laugh with us because a) no fly would lay their eggs in a kettle, there would be no decomposing flesh there to attract them and therefore their babies would starve. It would go against their instincts to lay there and b) even water boiled just 15 minutes ago would be hot enough to kill any eggs and maggots present. They wouldn't even hatch, if the outright temperature of the kettle didn't kill them the water and steam would
    i can't remember how long the water had been boiled for, it might have been an hour. It was only warm water, and not hot. And it was also an experiment by me to see if you can drink warm cups of coffee, and i found out you can. The maggot was an unexpected surprise though. Oh yes and one more thing, i don't lie, i have never lied in my life and don't intend to start now. thanks for your time.

ReputationRep:
    You must be joking. Am i right?

ReputationRep:
    Damn I thought you said "Files" and I was gonna talk about the time I beat up a word document

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.