Turn on thread page Beta

do you believe that jackie chan should retire? watch

ReputationRep:
    do you believe that actors after a certain age should retire like people in other professions? around the world in 80 days sees him repeat old martial arts choreography such as the ladder and the bench.

... or is it all down to bad scripts and bad directing?

ReputationRep:
    It could just be because it is classic... I think that as long as they are still entertaining then an actor should stay in the bussiness as long as they want.

ReputationRep:
    I saw him on Jay Leno, and Conan on both occasions he explained how he no longer wanted to be seen simply as an action star, but as an actor as well. If he repeats choreography then he should retire, otherwise if he incorporates more acting, and complicates the choreography then the man has a lot to do.

ReputationRep:
    Who would play old people in films if they all retired at 40?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by operato)
    do you believe that actors after a certain age should retire like people in other professions? around the world in 80 days sees him repeat old martial arts choreography such as the ladder and the bench.

what's wrong with it....let's face it he'd make a good grandpa suddenly showing his other side

ReputationRep:
    Neone seen around the world in 80 days.?........ hes gettin a little better.........

ReputationRep:
    I like watching Jackie Chan Adventures, although the cartoon version of him does look like he's a few years from hitting 30. And about a foot taller

ReputationRep:
    should he retire?... no way, not yet anyway. he's got some time left before he is forced to retire any way he is really entertaining.

ReputationRep:

Well, when you can do all of your own stunts and do the entire of the stunt choreography on a film, not to mention be an actor as well, you trying coming up with loads of new material.

ReputationRep:
    No.

I think it sucks that they have to take a perfectly good book like 80 Days and completely change the plot so it can have Jackie Chan in it, doing the only thing he can. When people re-write stories so that they feature martial arts, just to have a particular "actor" in them, it seems a bit pointless using the story in the first place.

ReputationRep:

You can only use what's in the environment and the environment is dictated by the script. It doesn't seem like that big of a film (investment wise) - but I have no idea. Maybe they don't have the money to do some big, new original scenes. I don't think Jackie Chan should retire, I think Steve Coogan should though because he's not funny.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.