Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey sorry I don't know if I'm posting in the right section...

Anyway I've been wanting to sell off my clothes (new) on ebay but no one is buying them, just wondering if anyone's got any ebay selling tips??

Maybe I didn't make enough effort to put in more description?? but somehow I didn't feel that I should put too much description at the subtext...

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Thing with eBay is that it depends on people on there if they buy it. It may be too expensive, maybe a size not many are buying. Try posting it as an auction with a buy it now option. You're also more likely to sell it if you put it in a bundle for a reasonable price and definitely not the retail price.

For the description you should have every pieces size and manufacturer. Make sure it says that none of it been worn and if some has been, note any marks.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    set it up so that the auction starts in the evening and it ends the same time that next evening so that people can see it and most people would probably be browsing ebay at about 8/9 in the evening I would say.
    Put efort into the photos ie good lighting, can see the clothes but not on you unless it's like a formal dress or something and the make it very clear that the thing was only worn once

ReputationRep:
    Just keep relisting it. Each item has its customer, I can promise you that. I have listed various items which i no longer needed, and some only sold after a month or even two. As long as it is always there for someone to see, it will sell sooner or later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.