Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm going into my A2 year and I have a long-distance relationship. He's in America and I'm in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could share their story about being in a relationship during A level or even uni and still getting great results. Your relationship doesn't have to be long-distance, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say because I'm thinking of breaking up with him because I know A2 will be a tough year.
    We've been together for 5 months and I'm taking Politics, History, and Economics

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a girlfriend here and I received very disappointing AS results (around C grades) when I was projected to get around A/B grades:/ Maybe its because I think of her so much and meet her, im not sure, It would be interesting to see the responses on this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z212)
    Hi guys, I'm going into my A2 year and I have a long-distance relationship. He's in America and I'm in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could share their story about being in a relationship during A level or even uni and still getting great results. Your relationship doesn't have to be long-distance, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say because I'm thinking of breaking up with him because I know A2 will be a tough year.
    We've been together for 5 months and I'm taking Politics, History, and Economics
    (Original post by Bison206)
    Ive got a girlfriend here and I received very disappointing AS results (around C grades) when I was projected to get around A/B grades:/ Maybe its because I think of her so much and meet her, im not sure, It would be interesting to see the responses on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to butt in, but are you asking the question specifically to Cambridge students/applicants?
    If not, perhaps this forum is better place for you.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=89

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Sorry to butt in, but are you asking the question specifically to Cambridge students/applicants?
    If not, perhaps this forum is better place for you.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=89
    Maybe because OP knows she's going to Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmosandy)
    Maybe because OP knows he's going to Cambridge?
    She's in uk.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z212)
    He's in America and I'm in the UK.

How?

did this ever become a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    She's in uk.....

????/ yes, University of Cambridge is in Cambridge, which is near London? Hence why I said maybe OP knows they're going to Cambridge hence why they probably posted this thread in the Cambridge University forum...

ReputationRep:
    She's in uk.....
    ah sorry, see the confusion, meant to put she meaning OP instead of he was a typo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z212)
    I would break up with him and focus on your A2 he lives in the USA and you are 17/18 give boys a break and meet someone closer to home which you will do at uni.*

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Me and my partner are both unconditional for York Uni 2016 entry. We've been together (not long distance) for 3 and a half years, and I achieved grades A*AB at A-Level. I even scored 100% on one of my A2 exams.
    So having a relationship definitely doesn't affect your studies, especially if you can't even see each other physically! You'll be fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.