Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys, I'm going into my A2 year and I have a long-distance relationship. He's in America and I'm in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could share their story about being in a relationship during A level or even uni and still getting great results. Your relationship doesn't have to be long-distance, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say because I'm thinking of breaking up with him because I know A2 will be a tough year. We've been together for 5 months and I'm taking Politics, History, and Economics

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys, I'm going into my A2 year and I have a long-distance relationship. He's in America and I'm in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could share their story about being in a relationship during A level or even uni and still getting great results. Your relationship doesn't have to be long-distance, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say because I'm thinking of breaking up with him because I know A2 will be a tough year. We've been together for 5 months and I'm taking Politics, History, and Economics
    Hiya,

I had a long distance relationship. We were both in Europe (I, UK and her, Germany)Nothing went well. With time, paranoia kicked in and we started wondering what the other does.

A levels and University are the first steps in adulthood. Temptations kick in, as does freedom. With time one person will resent the other for being an imaginary chain into what they can and they cant do.You get distracted a lot because long distance relationships have to compensate for spending no time in real life; Usually, you and your bf would meet in real life, around the same time as meeting others. You also spend time alone... but now, in long distance, you only meet online. So that online has to compensate for what you would have done in real life (going out on date night, shopping together, meeting mutual friends and texting and chatting online, since you do that even if he lived next door)So online has to compensate all. This will not end well, and I guarantee you that you and him will not make it till end of uni.

I am not being harsh. Sorry if I sound it, but I experienced it and it was hell. We were both pre uni and going into uni. She ended it and I was devastated but also relieved. Long distance works temporarily; if you have ti live apart for a year or something, but for it to be long distance long term it will not do you well.

Can I ask a few questions? Does he also study? do you do stuff online other than talk? (like game together or watch movies together?) how close are you? and how did you meet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Don't break up over A-Levels... don't be stupid. I'm in a LDR.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.