Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am planning to apply for engineering in eastern europe countries like czech republic and poland. i am currently doing A levels and my grades in AS were physics C, advanced information technology C and maths D. I have searched on the internet for the university requirements there but no solid information is given anywhere in context to A levels so for the people who are studying in europe or have applied, would like to know from them what were their uni requirements so that i can have a general idea.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about Czech but if you want to apply for a university in Poland you will need to do an entrance examination in the University you want to study in because their 'A-Levels' are completely different to UK A-Levels therefore they require you to do this examination. However, I would advise you to contact the University you chose just to ensure.

Also, you need to have some kind of proof that you can communicate with Polish language - maybe that you did some kind of course or do a Polish GCSE. Unless your course will be avaiable in English then you need to give a proof that you have studied English so again this will be your English GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i will be applying for the courses that are taught in english. Ok but what i am concerned about is what are their minimum requirement for A level or is it that i just have to pass them and then everything depends on the entrance examination?

ReputationRep:
    As you said you have to pass them and then they will decide all on the entrance examination

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.