The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I was going to ask (nearly) the same thing, so I thought I'd post it here (I don't mean to hijack the thread!! :smile: ). Whats everyone's opinions on 2nd year entry? I've got the chance of it for Geography, bearing in mind I'm from England, and the 3 year course would be kinder on the debt aspect of things.

Any views/advice would be great,
Thanks, Rob
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
gtan
is it common for people to come in 2nd yr for cs??

I'm thinking about it but I don't think that it would be best from a social perspective because you get lumped with lots of people wh already know eachother well... I think I'm probably going to be doing the full 4 years instead of taking 2nd year entry. I wouldn't worry about the debt too much, afterall when you are already going to be heavily in debt, how much difference is the extra year (minus tuition fees) going to hurt you!?! :smile:
Reply 3
I don't know much about 2nd year entry but from what I've seen just take the normal entry grades and up them all by a grade, BBC to AAB etc.

I agree with Leekey though, socially it will be better to not to 2nd year entry. Also, who the hell would pass up the opportunity to stay at uni for another year :cool:
Reply 4
im an international.. so it costs a lot more.. im just wondering whether there are many others coming in 2nd yr?
Reply 5
and im 20.. so i think im kinda old .. i did a diploma for 3 yrs.. which is something like a BTEC..

Latest

Trending

Trending