The Student Room Group

Your Help Would Be Much Appreciated:)

It would be really nice of you guys if you help me make a decision:smile:

So I picked single science(triple science) for GCSEs and now am thinking of dropping out because its hard and the last three units are even harder.But if I pick combined science(additional science)how much exams will i have to do and if i pick it does it affect my career choice in any way?

Thanks in advance:smile:
triple science will be hard, but so will additional science and another topic. i did additional and history so it was LOTS of work. consider what you would take instead of triple and then compare your two options.
I'm sure you know this, but with triple science you have nine exams overall. With additional, you still do the first 2 units of each science, just not the third, so you only have six exams. Personally, I found additional science difficult enough, but I'm not particularly interested in science nor do I enjoy it. GCSEs are all about choosing subjects you are truly interested in, and really don't impact your career choice in anyway, they're about getting into the sixth form or college of your choice. So thats also something to consider. You might find it easier to just do additional science and get two decent science grades, rather than doing triple and not doing as good. But that just depends on how much you enjoy science and how well you believe you can do. All you need to worry about with GCSEs is choosing four subjects you enjoy and know you're capable of doing well in. Just do whats best for you, not what people expect of you!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest