Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    AS results: A in Geography, B in Biology (A if remark goes up), C in Chemistry, C in History, B in EPQ on Embryonic Stem Cell Research.

I repeated year 12, so I am now going into year 13 which will be my 3rd year in 6th form. I have had very good work experience at a pharmacy and The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. I will most likely have predicted grades of AAB or higher. I will be applying for Biomedical Science at university. What are my chances of getting offers from top 20 and top 30 universities, for example from Surrey, East Anglia, Southampton, Kent, Birmingham (examples), with my profile, despite me going to spend 3 years in 6th form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanDtsr)
    AS results: A in Geography, B in Biology (A if remark goes up), C in Chemistry, C in History, B in EPQ on Embryonic Stem Cell Research.

I repeated year 12, so I am now going into year 13 which will be my 3rd year in 6th form. I have had very good work experience at a pharmacy and The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. I will most likely have predicted grades of AAB or higher. I will be applying for Biomedical Science at university. What are my chances of getting offers from top 20 and top 30 universities, for example from Surrey, East Anglia, Southampton, Kent, Birmingham (examples), with my profile, despite me going to spend 3 years in 6th form?
    I don't think spending 3 years in 6th form will stop you if you are determined (and you sound it). I know people who got onto good courses are 3 years in 6th form - it shows persistence.

Just make sure that the unis that you apply to have a range of grades for entry and allow resits. I don't know what those unis require for Biomed, but make sure you apply to some with high grades requirements and some with lower grade requirements (if that's possible with biomed).

Edit: I just asked one of my friends who did 3 years at 6th and applied for biomed. They got lower grades than you and got in - it wasn't a top 30 (it was an "ex poly") but they are now a research tech at a university.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieBlogger)
    I don't think spending 3 years in 6th form will stop you if you are determined (and you sound it). I know people who got onto good courses are 3 years in 6th form - it shows persistence.

Just make sure that the unis that you apply to have a range of grades for entry and allow resits. I don't know what those unis require for Biomed, but make sure you apply to some with high grades requirements and some with lower grade requirements (if that's possible with biomed).

Edit: I just asked one of my friends who did 3 years at 6th and applied for biomed. They got lower grades than you and got in - it wasn't a top 30 (it was an "ex poly" but they are now a research tech at a university.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your reply and thanks for taking the time to ask your friend also.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.