Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Intellectuals and books worms of TSR Watch

ReputationRep:
    Roughly how many hours a day do you spend reading (Fiction/Non Fiction BOOKS) ? Do you read nearly everyday?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i was part of a bookworm club in year 5, drank fruit tea and all that fancy ****, won a competition for a review and the author gave me a signed copy of her book :woo:
    after that i stopped reading cos i kept falling asleep, im a visual learner, and words wasnt visual enough, cos i prefer films. in year 10/11 i started reading again only cos i needed to know what the hell happened in OMAM and AIC :rofl: literature put me off reading even more.

then i fell into a phase of collecting books even though i dont read cos im just into that kind of aesthetic prestige ****. this summer im actually reading a book and submerged myself into it and actually using my brain to imagine each and every word, though my intention is to read it cos my friend asked me to. im planning on reading after this book but dont think i'd have the time when entering sixth form.

this post is so long oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i was part of a bookworm club in year 5, drank fruit tea and all that fancy ****, won a competition for a review and the author gave me a signed copy of her book :woo:
    after that i stopped reading cos i kept falling asleep, im a visual learner, and words wasnt visual enough, cos i prefer films. in year 10/11 i started reading again only cos i needed to know what the hell happened in OMAM and AIC :rofl: literature put me off reading even more.

then i fell into a phase of collecting books even though i dont read cos im just into that kind of aesthetic prestige ****. this summer im actually reading a book and submerged myself into it and actually using my brain to imagine each and every word, though my intention is to read it cos my friend asked me to. im planning on reading after this book but dont think i'd have the time when entering sixth form.

this post is so long oops
    You should try listening to Audiobooks from audible its great because you can go for a walk listening to a book

ReputationRep:
    Reading is really fun once you find an appropriate genre for yourself. I really enjoy reading classics from the 19th and 20th century although I do read some books from the 21st century (these books usually have historical/political context which I enjoy.)
    I spend about half an hour to an hour a day although it isn't uncommon to see me several hours later still reading (i sometimes become so immersed lol ).
    I try to read everyday but I do read at least 3 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    I've spent a lot more time reading recently, usually about two hours a day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.