Have you played a game that touched you personally

Watch this thread
username2775168
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
A video game that improved your life in a positive and unique way.

A couple of months ago I finished Earthbound. I cried a lot which is rare for me because I have Autism. Earthbound has taught me something that no other game or even loved could ever teach me. EMOTION! Before I played this game I didn't understand happiness, sadness or ant other emotion unless the situation was explained to me in detail. Now after playing Earthbound I learnt something in a few days that human beings couldn't teach me in nearly 18 years.

Thank you Earthbound for teaching me something that I will never learn anywhere else and thank you Nintendo for bringing it over to Europe. BOING!
Paranoid_Glitch
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Squishy Pixelz)

A couple of months ago I finished Earthbound. I cried a lot which is rare for me because I have Autism. Earthbound has taught me something that no other game or even loved could ever teach me. EMOTION! Before I played this game I didn't understand happiness, sadness or ant other emotion unless the situation was explained to me in detail. Now after playing Earthbound I learnt something in a few days that human beings couldn't teach me in nearly 18 years.

Thank you Earthbound for teaching me something that I will never learn anywhere else and thank you Nintendo for bringing it over to Europe. BOING!
The Last Of Us.
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Squishy Pixelz)

I hate to be 'that girl' but if you like Earthbound you would probably like Undertale
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
ThatNerd
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Life is Strange. I just finished the game a few days ago and I can't begin to explain how great the journey was just playing through it.
Elizabeth II
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Most definitely Life is Strange. It was incredible, emotionally manipulative and so very well thought out.
F1's Finest
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Call of Duty 4 because the game is set in Pripyat in Ukraine, which was the place that got affected so badly by the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster and I became curious about the incident after playing cod4. The devastating effects of the power plant blow up was very fascinating to read up upon and heck, I would even consider a visit to Chernobyl if I could get the chance
TercioOfParma
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Probably not in the way you'd expect. I would always sneak a guy into the rebel base and then slowly pick the gunmen off one by one.

In all honesty, though, probably Spec Ops The Line. That game put me in a trance and I completed it in one sitting.
TheThiefOfBagdad
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I played hide the sausage and got touched personally. Does that count?
Rum Ham
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Skyrim :love:

When I got into it, I was at a bad place with my OCD, depression and panic attacks and my stepdad and grandpa were seriously ill and I was housebound from my nerves and Skyrim was my only escape. It felt like more than a game to me. It provided me with hours upon hours of enjoyment and wonder and in a way, gave me confidence and helped me build myself back up as I was able to distract myself from what was going on around me and it gave me time to calm down, reflect and gave me something to wake up for. Sounds silly to a lot of people but I count Skyrim as one of the things that gets me through my bad times. Its high up there with things like my partner, family and pets. I've never felt so strongly about a game and I am forever grateful for its existence. I don't think I would be here if I didn't have that game as an outlet. Its also the best game I've ever played in terms of enjoyment and to this day, I still play it daily or at least most days. I've played it from the start at least 8 times and have lost count of the amount of mods I've added to it :laugh:
oShahpo
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
The Last Of Us.
YES!
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Bioshock Infinite and the Burial at Sea DLC.

I grew to really like Elizabeth and how her stories end in Burial at Sea had me so outraged with Atlas, I replayed the entirity of Bioshock just to hunt him down in revenge.

That and Raziels story in Legacy of Kain. Across multiple game you follow his quest for revenge and ultimately his attempt to do what is right and it culminates in Raziel sacrificing himself just to give Kain a chance to fight the real enemy. He doesn't know Kain will succeed but he knows its the only thing that might work. What more upsetting is the series was never finished, so essentially his sacrifice has amounted to nothing at the moment. Plus his fate is worth than death, he is still aware but trapped inside a sword and is doomed to eventual insanity.
wickedisgood
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by loooopppyyy)
Heavy rain, The Last Of Us, FF VII, FF VIII, FF X, Xenoblade Chronicles, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, TellTale Games: The Walking Dead (Season 1).

I'm an emotional guy!!!
I'd definitely agree that TWD Season 1 was a lot more emotionally touching than Season 2, though I do love Season 2 as well because of badass Clem The Last of Us also really got me. Both games really made me appreciate being in a non-apocalypse life and how important things like family and making the most of life are!
Spoiler:
Show
Also I can't remember it that well, but I remember getting superrrr emotional about To The Moon. Like literally bawling my eyes out Listen to how pretty this song is, then go play the game and see if you can hold back the tears

username2791212
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I agree with Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Telltale's The Walking Dead.

However, more personally I will OBVIOUSLY have to say Grim Fandango. That game was present throughout most of my childhood and not only was it the game I ached to play when I was young to figure out the puzzles and get further and further along as I got older, but it has become the game I love as an adult for it's humour, style and hidden meanings throughout. Lots of nostalgia talking here, but nonetheless it has impacted my life by being my favourite game of all time and I always become incredibly emotionally invested in the characters.

I really want to play To The Moon, Life is Strange, Remember Me and finish The Last Of Us! I adore emotionally fuelled games.
UWS
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Dating
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Only that secret game that Uncle Terry used to make me play in his shed...
folieadeux
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Will echo what other people have said and say Life is Strange. Only played it two weeks ago but it's still haunting me. Absolutely gorgeous soundtrack and art style, and I don't think a game has ever made me cry so much or got me so emotionally invested in its characters.

Another game I love is To The Moon - the first game that made me cry (can you tell I'm emotional?). The 8-bit pixel art style is not for everyone, but the story is so beautifully crafted that it's worth every minute of play time.
username2791212
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by loooopppyyy)
Point and click adventures died for me when internet went mainstream!

After 2 days of being stuck in the same few rooms is very hard to resist the temptation to google the answer dammit!!
Ahhh I'm adore good ol' point and clicks. I also love Monkey Island and Broken Sword, which are games I also recommend, and occasionally I do just google the answers for those. Grim Fandango is uniquely challenging as it isn't always very straightforward what you have to do, so I understand you needing to cave and research! I just loved it as a child and spent ages trying to get different items to interact and enjoying the dialogue and such! I did it so many times I just know half of the puzzles by heart now :P
user73867
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

Hopefully some of you are old enough to remember this heartbreaking moment of childhood.
math42
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I answer Okami to most threads about video games you had a very positive experience with, and once again, I shall answer Okami. Though I am not religious, and this renders some elements less affecting than they would otherwise be, on the whole it is very powerful. Obviously a visually beautiful game as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (223)
42.08%
The paper was reasonable (227)
42.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.06%
It was TERRIBLE (32)
6.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed