Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Many people believe that data governance is vital to every organization's profitability. Actually, I am planning to create my own business. And I am interested to know about data governance to improve whatever needs to be improved. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    If I'm not mistaken a Data governance could be a set of procedures that can help manage an online presence. The processes could also help to increase your web protection and speed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooltowering)
    If I'm not mistaken a Data governance could be a set of procedures that can help manage an online presence. The processes could also help to increase your web protection and speed.
    Thanks for the additional information. I believe you are referring to latency issues of websites? My friend also mentioned this to me and maybe I will look forward on reviewing the details.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caringniece)
    Many people believe that data governance is vital to every organization's profitability. Actually, I am planning to create my own business. And I am interested to know about data governance to improve whatever needs to be improved. Any suggestions?
    Data governance is about using the data your organisation holds in a legal manner. That means keeping it safe, only keeping the data you need to keep, using it correctly etc. it's about not selling on customer details, storing card details and personal details securely etc etc - vast subject.

The government's Data Protection website is a good place to start, if you are in the UK.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.