The Student Room Group

If you are in Year 10 and did their early GCSEs, do you have to go in on Results Day?

I just wondering that if you are in year 10 and did their early GCSEs such as core science and stats, do you have to go in on results day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes if you want to get your results.
If you want to get your results then yes, but idk about you but last year I didn't go on results day and I found out what I got for science when I went back to school in September like I got the envelope ☺️
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
If you want to get your results then yes, but idk about you but last year I didn't go on results day and I found out what I got for science when I went back to school in September like I got the envelope ☺️

lol
Yes you do, I sat a GCSE in Year 9 and I still had to go in.
Reply 5
I did early gcses last year and I went in for results day because we were invited. However, if you've got the patience to wait or you're busy you don't need to as those subject teachers will still have your results in September so you can find out from them. Also they may be on your results sheet during year 11 results day but that depends on your school
Original post by TheSpeedyz
I just wondering that if you are in year 10 and did their early GCSEs such as core science and stats, do you have to go in on results day?

It varies from school to school. Some schools want you to come in, some send it by mail, others email. I'm going in to school for my IT I took early.
Original post by _b_e_n_
Yes you do, I sat a GCSE in Year 9 and I still had to go in.

That's cool and very rare as well!
Anymore?
Original post by TheSpeedyz
Anymore?

Yup I went in last year for my year 10 GCSE

Sometimes schools want the year 10 students to come in an hour after year 11 students to give time for college enrollment etc (if your school is also a sixth form) so have a look on your school site to see if they've said anything along them lines
Original post by _gcx
It varies from school to school. Some schools want you to come in, some send it by mail, others email. I'm going in to school for my IT I took early.

Nice! :smile:
Original post by caitlinford3
Yup I went in last year for my year 10 GCSESometimes schools want the year 10 students to come in an hour after year 11 students to give time for college enrollment etc (if your school is also a sixth form) so have a look on your school site to see if they've said anything along them lines
Thank you for warning me that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for everyone who are responding so far! It does mean a lot to me.
Reply 11
I expect you will be able to pick them up, but I wouldn't expect too much attention from the teachers, as they will be quite rightly be more interested in the Y11's, so if you have any queries on the results, then I would wait until you go back.
I also had to pick up my AS results the other day (just finished year 10), and it was really awkward I had no idea where to go or what to do so I just kind of stood around with the year 12s until a teacher came :s-smilie::redface:
I had to go in, don't know about your school. Ours had an allocated time for year 9/10s. Good luck 😊
Original post by _b_e_n_
I also had to pick up my AS results the other day (just finished year 10), and it was really awkward I had no idea where to go or what to do so I just kind of stood around with the year 12s until a teacher came :s-smilie::redface:

AS results in Year 10? Wow! What subject(s) was it for?
Original post by Harrykel
AS results in Year 10? Wow! What subject(s) was it for?

It was for Modern Hebrew, it's my native language so naturally I sat it really early, I got full marks as well :biggrin:
Original post by _b_e_n_

Wow! AS in Year 10 huh. Your parents should be proud of you. :smile:
Original post by _b_e_n_
wow, well done!
Anymore again?
Reply 19
Last year in year 10 I sat 2 modules. We were allowed to go in on results days but only an hour after the school opened so the teachers could deal with the year 11s. If you don't go in you will still find out your results in September. However, I'd recommend going in to collect them if you can as it will prepare you for next year and, if you do well, it will encourage you to emulate what you did this year and work hard next year.

Quick Reply

Latest